• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jim Starlin hates CGC!
3 3

819 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, seanfingh said:

Me and the little girl object to the way you are abusing both logic and the English language. It's obvious that you just want to bite at RMA's tail as you circle him endlessly. 

If I thought that you did have a point, I would probably disagree with it.  

Ok I thought maybe you were interested in actual conversation now I see you are just a shade board acolyte.  

Once upon a time Image result for goodbye gifs posted the words

"Jim Starlin Hates CGC" on the Image result for boards

And then it all went Image result for pears

And everybody Image result for dyed hair of boredom.

1 minute ago, kav said:

Ok I thought maybe you were interested in actual conversation now I see you are just a shade board acolyte.  

Oh, I am interested. I have owned, created and sold more SS books than almost anyone in this thread.  But for you to pound your shoe about RMA speaking in absolutes and then say what you said is the absolute definition of ridiculousness.

1 minute ago, seanfingh said:

Oh, I am interested. I have owned, created and sold more SS books than almost anyone in this thread.  But for you to pound your shoe about RMA speaking in absolutes and then say what you said is the absolute definition of ridiculousness.

Well I looked up ridiculousness in the dictionary and that wasn't the definition.

That's fine. You have the right to do whatever you want to do unless and until you are moderated.  But at least have the intellectual honesty to admit that you really don't care about the real issue at hand, and you are just fomenting your anti-RMA agenda in a most tedious fashion.

17 minutes ago, kav said:

Which part do you disagree with-that almost every book is drek or that a drek book worth 50 cents, with a signature, becomes at least something someone would want to pay for?

yes, a 50 cent FN book might be worth $15-$20 with the CGC SS.  But considering it takes a minimum of $25 (and probably more) to get that book CGC SS'd (assuming you live in Sarasota and don't pay shipping), its extremely disingenuous or purposefully obtuse to use that argument. 

2 minutes ago, seanfingh said:

That's fine. You have the right to do whatever you want to do unless and until you are moderated.  But at least have the intellectual honesty to admit that you really don't care about the real issue at hand, and you are just fomenting your anti-RMA agenda in a most tedious fashion.

Where were you when I stopped posting for 3 months and RMA attacked me constantly with his 'anti Kav agenda'?  Your outrage is a bit selective.

1 minute ago, kav said:

Where were you when I stopped posting for 3 months and RMA attacked me constantly with his 'anti Kav agenda'?  Your outrage is a bit selective.

I was probably not paying attention, as is the case with most of the pablum on this board. But this happens to be in a thread *GASP* that I actually care about.

Just now, seanfingh said:

I was probably not paying attention, as is the case with most of the pablum on this board. But this happens to be in a thread *GASP* that I actually care about.

Ok well let it be known that the exact same thing you are accusing me of, he did to me-in spades.

Just now, jsilverjanet said:

RMA followed you from thread to thread, quoting your posts and questioning you in the process?

Even worse-as I said I had stopped posting.  He proceeded to trash me in every thread my name came up including accusing me of being selfish for sending people free art.  One look at the shade board and anyone can see some of the awful things he's said about me.  This is no mystery to you.  

16 minutes ago, seanfingh said:

@seanfingh

What's your opinion on the Starlin situation and the idea of creators charging more when they see a window bag? I know you've gotten the short end of the stick at least once with the whole Dringenburg deal and I'm curious on your thoughts on this.

20 hours ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

Only the Sith speak in absolutes :foryou:

1 hour ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Allow me to quote myself:

I was just being a smart and couldn't help nerding out and quoting Star Wars. I actually agree with 90% of your posts and appreciate the insight from someone who deals with SS regularly.... You are also not the Sith so was not directed at you lol

11 minutes ago, kav said:

Even worse-as I said I had stopped posting.  He proceeded to trash me in every thread my name came up including accusing me of being selfish for sending people free art.  One look at the shade board and anyone can see some of the awful things he's said about me.  This is no mystery to you.  

I don't recall that but I wasn't paying attention during your absence.  He did bring up how you used to delete your posts but so did I and Buzzetta.

Lets see if he does it again. Stop posting for several months and I'll keep an eye to see if he or anyone else bashes you in any thread.

:wishluck:

2 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

I don't recall that but I wasn't paying attention during your absence.  He did bring up how you used to delete your posts but so did I and Buzzetta.

Lets see if he does it again. Stop posting for several months and I'll keep an eye to see if he or anyone else bashes you in any thread.

I think we both know he won't do it here, it's not a "safe space".

Just now, jsilverjanet said:

It's funny how you don't pay attention to certain things but pay a lot of attention if someone merely disagrees with RMA without being rude or anything.  As far as your snarky last comment that says it all about your objectivity.

21 minutes ago, Logan510 said:

@seanfingh

What's your opinion on the Starlin situation and the idea of creators charging more when they see a window bag? I know you've gotten the short end of the stick at least once with the whole Dringenburg deal and I'm curious on your thoughts on this.

It has been going on for more time than most people think.  The first time I remember seeing it was with the Swamp Thing creators in Cincy in 2012. Zeck and Beatty have had two prices for years in addition to the aforementioned Marv Wolfman.   I would prefer for creators to say "my signing fee is X."  But for me, the most important thing is them being clear, concise and upfront about what their fee is, so i can make an informed decision about what I am going to do.

I did fewer books at the Cincy show than I had intended when the books went went from $5 a sig to $20 overnight (if it was in a window bag). In those days most of the debate is that it was really hurting CGC because it would reduce the number of subs. So there was kind of a groundswell to get CGC to get in front of it and get some "standardization" of costs. They did for a while, with lots of signings at the booth, where all CGC books were treated similarly.  

The new normal is more back to the "Wild Wild West" as I see it.

30 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

RMA followed you from thread to thread, quoting your posts and questioning you in the process?

Ps this is just dead wrong I posted in this thread long before RMA and he posts in many different threads that I do not post in.  But don't let that stop you.