• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jim Starlin hates CGC!
3 3

819 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, jsilverjanet said:

I don't recall that but I wasn't paying attention during your absence.  He did bring up how you used to delete your posts but so did I and Buzzetta.

Lets see if he does it again. Stop posting for several months and I'll keep an eye to see if he or anyone else bashes you in any thread.

:wishluck:

WE COULD ONLY DREAM.

And kav is lying with that statement. Didn't happen. Bold face LIE. He's already been called out on it once and I'm calling him out on it again.

So c'mon kav, you failed to do so last time...show us the posts where RMA 'attacked (you) constantly with his 'anti Kav agenda'. Let's see some proof.

1 hour ago, seanfingh said:

That's fine. You have the right to do whatever you want to do unless and until you are moderated.  But at least have the intellectual honesty to admit that you really don't care about the real issue at hand, and you are just fomenting your anti-RMA agenda in a most tedious fashion.

He can't be moderated, he has an 'in'. Look how much trolling he gets away with, this thread is an AMAZING example.

What is his troll post count in here, like 87%? It's astounding.

Nothing of substance to add, snarky comments aimed at the same specific people, baiting, personalized attacks, and no moderation toward him.

This whole forum has been taken over by the Super Troll.

42 minutes ago, Chuck Gower said:

He can't be moderated, he has an 'in'. Look how much trolling he gets away with, this thread is an AMAZING example.

What is his troll post count in here, like 87%? It's astounding.

Nothing of substance to add, snarky comments aimed at the same specific people, baiting, personalized attacks, and no moderation toward him.

This whole forum has been taken over by the Super Troll.

You could always put him on ignore (shrug)

10 minutes ago, Logan510 said:

You could always put him on ignore (shrug)

:roflmao:

3 hours ago, seanfingh said:

Me and the little girl  The little girl and I object to the way you are abusing both logic and the English language. It's obvious that you just want to bite at RMA's tail as you circle him endlessly. 

If I thought that you did have a point, I would probably disagree with it.  

Fixed for ya (thumbsu

1 hour ago, Chuck Gower said:

WE COULD ONLY DREAM.

And kav is lying with that statement. Didn't happen. Bold face LIE. He's already been called out on it once and I'm calling him out on it again.

So c'mon kav, you failed to do so last time...show us the posts where RMA 'attacked (you) constantly with his 'anti Kav agenda'. Let's see some proof.

Typical Gower 'gotcha' moment.  He knows damn well the thread was deleted.  Someone started a 'what happened to Kav' thread and RMA popped up to tell what a miscreant I was and how selfish it was for me to send people free art.  Several boardies scolded him for derailing a thread posted in concern over what happened to me.  Everyone that saw it, saw it.  Matter of fact it was his accusations that got me to start posting again.  Then i started deleting my comments.  He went after me for that and the rest is history.

2 hours ago, kav said:

2 hours ago, seanfingh said:

That's fine. You have the right to do whatever you want to do unless and until you are moderated.  But at least have the intellectual honesty to admit that you really don't care about the real issue at hand, and you are just fomenting your anti-RMA agenda in a most tedious fashion.

Where were you when I stopped posting for 3 months and RMA attacked me constantly with his 'anti Kav agenda'?  Your outrage is a bit selective.

Come on really? You think you are the only person that has had a disagreement with that individual?

Just because you can't argue effectively or get your point across in the same fashion don't cry foul.
That poster is moderated to death. Sometimes deservedly and sometimes not, but you jump from thread to thread picking arguments for fun. At least when he does he has a point a rather long one granted usually, but it gets there eventually.

4 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Come on really? You think you are the only person that has had a disagreement with that individual?

Just because you can't argue effectively or get your point across in the same fashion don't cry foul.
That poster is moderated to death. Sometimes deservedly and sometimes not, but you jump from thread to thread picking arguments for fun. At least when he does he has a point a rather long one granted usually, but it gets there eventually.

I see six inaccurate statements in your post can you spot them? 

9 hours ago, kav said:

Typical Gower 'gotcha' moment.  He knows damn well the thread was deleted.  Someone started a 'what happened to Kav' thread and RMA popped up to tell what a miscreant I was and how selfish it was for me to send people free art.  

Wait.... so the 'RMA attacked me constantly with his 'anti Kav agenda', all happened in just ONE thread. Holy hyperbole!

9 hours ago, kav said:

Several boardies scolded him for derailing a thread posted in concern over what happened to me.  Everyone that saw it, saw it.  

In just.... that ONE thread....

9 hours ago, kav said:

Matter of fact it was his accusations that got me to start posting again.  

Damn him! He's like Thanos, he just doesn't know when he's won!

9 hours ago, kav said:

Then i started deleting my comments.  He went after me for that and the rest is history.

So he brought up a point and discussed it in ONE thread.

Then you responded, but DELETED your responses and he said, "You deleted your responses."

And that equates to 'RMA attacked me constantly with his 'anti Kav agenda'

Dang dude... that's some thin skin, for a Super Troll to have.

9 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Truth.

Truth.

That poster is moderated to death.

Mega Truth.

Sometimes deservedly and sometimes not,

hm

but you jump from thread to thread picking arguments for fun.

Mega Truth.

At least when he does he has a point a rather long one granted usually, but it gets there eventually.

Truth.

9 hours ago, kav said:

I see six inaccurate statements in your post can you spot them? 

And... a troll-like response that would be expected.

38 minutes ago, Chuck Gower said:

Wait.... so the 'RMA attacked me constantly with his 'anti Kav agenda', all happened in just ONE thread. Holy hyperbole!

In just.... that ONE thread....

Damn him! He's like Thanos, he just doesn't know when he's won!

So he brought up a point and discussed it in ONE thread.

Then you responded, but DELETED your responses and he said, "You deleted your responses."

And that equates to 'RMA attacked me constantly with his 'anti Kav agenda'

Dang dude... that's some thin skin, for a Super Troll to have.

You could always put him on ignore? (shrug)

Or better yet, just imagine hearing what he says in Bob Ross's voice.

15 hours ago, seanfingh said:

It has been going on for more time than most people think.  The first time I remember seeing it was with the Swamp Thing creators in Cincy in 2012. Zeck and Beatty have had two prices for years in addition to the aforementioned Marv Wolfman.   I would prefer for creators to say "my signing fee is X."  But for me, the most important thing is them being clear, concise and upfront about what their fee is, so i can make an informed decision about what I am going to do.

I did fewer books at the Cincy show than I had intended when the books went went from $5 a sig to $20 overnight (if it was in a window bag). In those days most of the debate is that it was really hurting CGC because it would reduce the number of subs. So there was kind of a groundswell to get CGC to get in front of it and get some "standardization" of costs. They did for a while, with lots of signings at the booth, where all CGC books were treated similarly.  

The new normal is more back to the "Wild Wild West" as I see it.

From what I can see a perception among the creators/artists is spreading that will severely limit the amount of signing for CGC SS books moving forward. Losing Starlin this way hurt, as I was looking forward to getting more things signed by him to have in MY slabbed collection. If things even stay status quo, it is likely more creators/artists will take a similar stance. Since it is in CGC's best interest to get some sort of standardization of cost (you say they have tried in the past), why haven't they been proactive in doing so recently?

47 minutes ago, OrangeNemesis said:

so after scrolling pages of back and forth nonsense between posters does Starlin still hate CGC?

At this point, I think Starlin hates the way this thread is going more then CGC.

1 hour ago, joeypost said:

From what I can see a perception among the creators/artists is spreading that will severely limit the amount of signing for CGC SS books moving forward. Losing Starlin this way hurt, as I was looking forward to getting more things signed by him to have in MY slabbed collection. If things even stay status quo, it is likely more creators/artists will take a similar stance. Since it is in CGC's best interest to get some sort of standardization of cost (you say they have tried in the past), why haven't they been proactive in doing so recently?

Outside looking in, it doesn't appear that talent relations has been a big priority for CGC in the last few years.  This very subject has been broached many times here on the boards with the suggestion that CGC actively get ahead of this trend.  The suggestions seem to have fallen on deaf ears.  From the looks of things, it seemed that the rise of their competition, rolling out new cases, and reducing turnaround times ate up so much of their time in the last few years that talent relations was deemed unimportant.  Moving forward, it'll be a game of catch-up.