• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So the new chat forum software seems to have a new censorship feature.
1 1

85 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Sqeggs said:
1 hour ago, VintageComics said:
1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

It indeed happen to me more than a month ago !!

A boardie had forgot what he was doing by posting a graded comic that wasn't all that it should be, and I simply typed in that 4 letter word to remind him to edit or delete post, politely. It got the red box, I was able to word it differently before it was approved.

I have never got a strike or report on my account, and I thought somehow that I had messed up and was going to be given a demerit, nothing ever came of it though :blush:

I edited my post the 1st time it happened and it still stayed red until it was approved.

Once it's flagged it needs to be released, I think.

Yep.  Same thing happened to me.  Apparently, any mention of the other guys' acronym causes the post to be hidden until a moderator can look at it.  As you note, even editing out the acronym doesn't cause it to automatically go through.  My post was an observation that the other board is too disorganized for me to spend time there. Too bad CGC decided they to take their "no mention of the other company" this far.  

It is unfortunate and unprofessional. And it will likely have the opposite effect that it was intended to have.

I assume someone in higher management made the call.

3 minutes ago, Marwood & I said:

No politics, no mention of the competition. I suppose that's fair on a forum with well judged moderation boundaries.  Guess we'll just have to stick with comic related bollocks, wankers, terrorism and suicide.  

I've seen people post it, seemingly with no problems though. They should have a warning. I thought I was being singled out. Not glad others had to go through it, but glad no one so far got reprimanded for using it so far...

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

1 minute ago, Marwood & I said:

@Architecht I'm ready for my strike now. While I'm away,  please add 'wanker' and 'bollocks' to the profanity filter. Thanks ?

Someone needs their meds again. lol

Medic!

50 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I've seen people post it, seemingly with no problems though. They should have a warning. I thought I was being singled out. Not glad others had to go through it, but glad no one so far got reprimanded for using it so far...

It used to go through on the old boards without a problem.  I can't remember whether I had posted it on the new boards before my recent failed attempt.  So, I don't know whether the ban was there from the start of the new boards or whether it was a more recent decision.

3 hours ago, Marwood & I said:
3 hours ago, Marwood & I said:

So, if there is an inappropriate words list, and those words do not appear when you post them (without any manipulation), does that mean that any word which does appear when you post it is, by definition, acceptable? 

If so, wanker. 

An unmanipulated wanker is acceptable but an unmanipulated 'Philip K' isn't? 

What manner of madness is this?! ?

You don't have to be a butthole about it.

2 hours ago, VintageComics said:

It is unfortunate and unprofessional. And it will likely have the opposite effect that it was intended to have.

I assume someone in higher management made the call.

it's a step in the right direction, they at least allow posts now with CBCS, before it would immediately be zapped regardless of context, at least now they allow some (albeit not great) discourse

6 hours ago, comicquant said:

They may have to scan posts in order to prevent hackers from posting malicious scripts or something.  I noticed some notifications emails I received were in Chinese and had nothing to do with comics or anything comic related.  

The Mag forum is now filled with new posts all in Chinese!

13 minutes ago, Jordysnordy said:

The Mag forum is now filled with new posts all in Chinese!

Chrome let me translate it, it's about diploma's and degrees and the US Embassy? that's freaky weird

5 hours ago, bababooey said:

This thread should have been titled "Anyone having a problem with the Chat Board Censorship Software"?

It's Roys fault. He started it.

4 hours ago, wombat said:

Yet they can't censor the massive amount of spam. Fix this carp. 

Joking aside, I can't believe this thread is still here.....

• Administrator
16 hours ago, Marwood & I said:

So, if there is an inappropriate words list, and those words do not appear when you post them (without any manipulation), does that mean that any word which does appear when you post it is, by definition, acceptable? 

If so, wanker. 

No. There are unacceptable words. There are also words that are judged acceptable or not based on context and the poster's intentions. There doesn't have to be an effort to mask, either, for there to be a violation.