• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Todd Mcfarllane Hulk - Is it worth it yet?

41 posts in this topic

Todd Mcfarllane Hulk - Is it worth it yet?

So this cover is up on Ebay at the same price for over 4 years now. 65k.

Wondering what others think? 

The market in general has gone up a ton over this time period.  Is this item finally worth the asking price, but now too stale to sell?  Or is it still overpriced?

Ebay link

$_1.jpg

Edited by Panelfan1

Nope.

Not very McFarlane-like, especially for this title. He got more stylized later on and that's the better remembered McHulk stuff. 

Early is rarely ever Prime for artists taking on a character. It takes even the best at least a few issues (some took years) to find their feet on a character and title. 

If you want a McFarlane Hulk cover there are several others you'd want to look at before this one, especially at these numbers. 

10 hours ago, O. said:

Way overpriced - no Hulk and not Todd's distinctive style. As discussed here, the far superior Hulk cover to #343 sold for $23.8k one year ago (although McHulk OA prices have spiked since then):

https://comicbookinvest.com/2017/05/19/artist-spotlight-todd-mcfarlane/

Hulk is on the ground on the cover. :gossip: 

The cover is absurdly overpriced at $65K.

41 minutes ago, delekkerste said:

It's easy to miss him, given that he's depicted as smaller than Doc Sampson. lol 

2 hours ago, delekkerste said:

And it's not the Bruce Banner Hulk either - it's the Rick Jones Hulk. He had a different design from the later Banner Hulk with a thinner body and long hair.

It's been listed forever too, longer than 4 years. I recall this being up for a while before the Shamus auctions even.

Edited by RabidFerret

4 hours ago, Mephisto said:

I'm Rick James Hulk person_without_enough_empathy!

IMG_3231.JPG

Now the OA to THIS would be worth $65k...easy. 

1 hour ago, mister_not_so_nice said:

They shoulda never given you <collectors> money ! ! 

F*** your <portfolio>, <collector>!

Gonna use this....thanks

Todd's covers with Spider-man are in that price range, but his Hulk stuff is nowhere near that high. I could see it selling for $25-30k, but only if 2 bidders really wanted it and fought hard over it. So it's price over double it's value. But I do think his Hulk art will continue to rise in value so some day it could be worth that price. But by then, I am sure the seller would raise it again, Donnelly style. :)