• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

(attempted) Flip of the Day!
12 12

2,088 posts in this topic

On 6/28/2022 at 4:02 PM, Carlo M said:

This one seems to have been successful:

Sold on Ha in april USD7200

DAREDEVIL YELLOW 5 PAGE 15 by Tim Sale (panelpageart.com)

Sold on Panel Page (I am told for USD15k but I did not see it myself, so happy to stand corrected)

DAREDEVIL YELLOW 5 PAGE 15 by Tim Sale (panelpageart.com)

831025813_ScreenShot2022-06-28at4_29_39PM.png.4be9a111812909725437085ae0d5b76b.png

On 6/28/2022 at 3:54 PM, Race said:

Will cross Essington off the list of people I will ever buy anything from or sell anything to... bet you the poor underbidder was someone who would have kept and treasured this, as opposed to treating it like a used car

Duplicative of CC’s comment. Sorry.

Edited by Rick2you2

On 6/28/2022 at 2:38 PM, malvin said:

You should make an offer of $15K and see what he says :P

Malvin

I’ve done this a couple times with the 200% mark up crowd on eBay.  They seem willing to let listings languish forever.  Then they send watchers a 10% “discount” opportunity.  I’ve thought maybe that indicated a willingness to cut bait, so I’ll offer 10% over what I know their cost was to offset some of the eBay fees but unsurprisingly been turned down every time.

Surprised no one caught Glen on this page.... I noticed it because I was one of the higher underbidders

Sold June 16 on HA for $22,800John Romita Sr., Don Heck, and Mike Esposito The Amazing Spider-Man | Lot #93119 | Heritage Auctions (ha.com)

Offered July 7 (if memory serves, pls correct me if wrong) for $26,800 though he has now declared it on hold: AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 60 PAGE 8 by John Romita Sr (panelpageart.com)

The best part of this is the fact Glen activated the HA "Make offer to owner" feature... which asked for $34,200... and thus served as a nice marketing tool to make the "real" asking price on his site so much "lower" lol

Edited by Race

On 6/13/2017 at 9:23 AM, JadeGiant said:

Don’t know why 5+ years later this makes me laugh. I mean a dealers job is to flip right? Still any reference to this juggernaut of immobile dusty artifacts puts some form of smirk on my face.

You have to hand it to them. In a 2 year period with blistering, streaking prices, where money seemingly was no object, a vast majority of Los Hermanos inventory went largely untouched.

On 7/17/2022 at 1:47 PM, grapeape said:

You have to hand it to them. In a 2 year period with blistering, streaking prices, where money seemingly was no object, a vast majority of Los Hermanos inventory went largely untouched.

I mean, hard to know for sure til you see the art somewhere else, since they never remove anything. When the market was normal, their prices were crazy. Now that the market’s crazy, their prices are medication levels of insane. Not surprised their inventory remains seemingly stagnant, but with how long ago they got their art + their practices, it’s not like they have to sell a lot to keep their ‘business’ and the tax incentives associated. 

On 7/18/2022 at 10:10 AM, Xatari said:

198E3D1B-0AF2-4ECD-B060-3D7CC4AA8C17.thumb.jpeg.810d68c41bb0601c635c514fe7bedf11.jpeg

It’s a nice page, but whatever you paid, I am not likely to be shocked. I have seen the Brothers sell or offer to sell pages at reasonable prices for things which were of moderate or low demand. Brother Voodoo, not in costume, would qualify. Good catch.

On 7/17/2022 at 3:47 PM, grapeape said:

Don’t know why 5+ years later this makes me laugh. I mean a dealers job is to flip right? Still any reference to this juggernaut of immobile dusty artifacts puts some form of smirk on my face.

I had reached out about an inked Josh Middleton Catwoman cover in 2019 and the outrageous cost for it was $3,950.

Figuring they had a slow pandemic, I reached out again in Sept 2021, and the price had gone up to $9,950 (which included a $1,000 discount lol).

Dusty artifacts, indeed.