• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Berk Collection Auction Wins
5 5

411 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

I'd like to know where these mystical ga collections are walking in to? I think virtually everyone has access to market values via the internet and if they are selling their ga collection to a dealer at a % of ospg, then that's on them. A little due diligence is easy these days. Even if you are 80 you have grandkids likely lol

I have not been a "dealer" with people walking in for 23 years. Back then people had no idea and we pulled out the OSPG.  I guess things have changed now? I don't know how many people are GPA savvy but they can at least look at eBay results if they want. 

THIS IS MY 5,000th POST!! I did it while riding down the Portage Lakes on my friends pontoon.

IMG_4990.JPG

Edited by Ricksneatstuff

Just now, Ricksneatstuff said:

I have not been a "dealer" with people walking in for 23 years. Back then people had no idea and we pulled out the OSPG.  I guess things have changed now? I don't know how many people are GPA savvy but they can at least look at eBay results if they want. 

Correct. Ospg used to be the medium from which most transactions took place based on. That "should" have largely stoped about 10 years ago...give or take

8 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

Also, the above post was my 5,000th post. What a sucky post for my 5,000th. 

:|

Just go back and edit it into something else. Maybe slide a nice Phantom Girl cover in there. :cloud9:

16 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

I'd like to know where these mystical ga collections are walking in to? I think virtually everyone has access to market values via the internet and if they are selling their ga collection to a dealer at a % of ospg, then that's on them. A little due diligence is easy these days. Even if you are 80 you have grandkids likely lol

And you have people bringing in vg copies thinking they are worth the near mint value.

16 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

Apparently they are walking into New Force on your days off along with a number of young girls buying comics in scantly dressed clothing. :devil:

6 minutes ago, N e r V said:

Apparently they are walking into New Force on your days off along with a number of young girls buying comics in scantly dressed clothing. :devil:

:flipbait:

5 hours ago, Johnny545 said:

Is there a better headlights cover? For me, maybe Spellbound 20 tops it.

Zip%2018_zpsuur35kns.jpg

No. 

Full disclosure, Zip might be my favorite run on any given day, and certainly my favorite MLJ title.

Edited by Electron

16 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

You outbid me on this one! Well done

Thanks pal. Apparently I outbid Richard as well. Now I'm starting to understand why it was so difficult to win anything cool..lol

9 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:
15 minutes ago, N e r V said:

Apparently they are walking into New Force on your days off along with a number of young girls buying comics in scantly dressed clothing:devil:

:flipbait:

Rick;

If they are young beautiful girls coming in scantily clad clothing, I very strongly doubt the first thing in your mind are dollar signs.  :baiting:  :devil:

Edited by lou_fine

11 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Rick;

If they are young beautiful girls coming in scantily clad clothing, I very strongly doubt the first thing in your mind are dollar signs.  :baiting:  :devil:

No they'd be on that 9.4 copy of Spider-Man #38 she was holding. lol

IMG_0034.thumb.JPG.65c6b20ee5b80839838313a6dcfc2183.JPG

25 minutes ago, Electron said:

No. 

Full disclosure, Zip might be my favorite run on any given day, and certainly my favorite MLJ title.

Shhhhh!

6 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

Nice to meet you, Jim:) I like to  say nice things about billy.

I don't think I own any other Timelys with white pages, I read posts of Mr Bedrock years ago mentioning them, so I was happy to catch one.

I think with the Populars, people think of books other than the Marvel Man/Supermind genre. The Felix/Smiling Jack, etc,  seem to be more common and were always kind of inexpensive, this is such a short run in the middle of a long running title, they can get lost. I was thinking about these vs the Frazetta Famous Funnies...and now the HG Peters Famous Funnies, too. A short run of really cool books in the midst of a long run of still cool, but not quite the same books.

Nice to meet you too :) 

White paged Timelys are fairly limited in supply. I have a few but not many.

I agree about the Populars. In a hobby where superhero comics are most favored, runs of strip reprint type books like the Populars are very much overlooked across the board. Those small pockets of hidden gems very likely aren't on the radar of many collectors & still represent affordable opportunities at cool books that would likely be much more expensive if they were in more mainstream superhero titles. Fiction House's Fight Comics, for example, has a several issue run (15-18 I believe) with a superhero (Super American) that I know several friends are collecting. Fight Comics as a whole are much more collected than Popular comics & that pocket of hero books sell for more than the Populars hero books have traditionally sold for. That however, may be changing ....

5 hours ago, adamstrange said:

5 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

And you have people bringing in vg copies thinking they are worth the near mint value.

Ummmm, that sounds like my shop. (tsk)