• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Berk Collection Auction Wins
5 5

411 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, lpsunburst said:

Its funny, I had a really Weird night. Run complete.

wei6.77a.jpg

wei6.84a.jpg

wei6.86a.jpg

wei6.90a.jpg

wei6.91a.jpg

wei6.94a.jpg

wei6.82a.jpg

Hey lpsunburst -- what a great way to sweep up!!! I was hoping to do that more or less with the Planet rivets, but had to hold back, knowing that S for Science was following P for Planet...

17 hours ago, Straw-Man said:

in light of what i expect the wonderworlds to do after the mystery men explosion, figured i better use some of this warchest.  this is one of my favorite covers of the g.a.

target8.jpg

WOW and congrats on your super pickup here!!!  :luhv:

Now, that is one dynamic and beautiful si-fi cover and definitely a classic in my book.  Absolutely love the colors on your copy here.  :cloud9:

Although this book was certainly being chased after as evident by the final price, I was rather shocked that the Target 7 only managed to hit a shade above its condition guide price.  Another rare book that hardly ever hits the marketplace as I certainly would have gone after it at that price level.  But so many good books in this auction, that it's so easy to miss or forget about some of them if you aren't proactively looking for them.  :facepalm:  :frown:

Edited by lou_fine

14 minutes ago, Zolnerowich said:

Hey lpsunburst -- what a great way to sweep up!!! I was hoping to do that more or less with the Planet rivets, but had to hold back, knowing that S for Science was following P for Planet...

thanks Z, I am still missing one Science for a complete run, I had to pass on the one I wanted as it seemed to have caught "the fever". I can t wait to post the full set when they arrive and I am pretty sure I will finish the Science run before the year is out.

6 hours ago, CrocHntr said:

5944becb6d2a8_ScreenShot2017-06-17at12_31_11AM.jpg.6d8c314dc01efb1c6793545d19f4487d.jpg

6 hours ago, CrocHntr said:

Love em all, but that OA piece is just to die for.  Amazing.

Thanks @CrocHntr !! I first saw this piece in the Heritage auction archives about 5 years ago, and have always been drawn to it. The page sold for < $1,000 in 2005, I guess to Mr. Jon Berk. 

Let's just say I'm happy to have provided him with a very healthy return on this particular investment!

47 minutes ago, lpsunburst said:

thanks Z, I am still missing one Science for a complete run, I had to pass on the one I wanted as it seemed to have caught "the fever". I can t wait to post the full set when they arrive and I am pretty sure I will finish the Science run before the year is out.

Best of luck!

19 hours ago, Straw-Man said:

in light of what i expect the wonderworlds to do after the mystery men explosion, figured i better use some of this warchest.  this is one of my favorite covers of the g.a.

target8.jpg

I just noticed that the cover artists name has almost the right letters to spell out the name of Metro's 2nd in command ;) Funny book jumble!!

5 hours ago, bounty_coder said:

All is fair in love and war?  This was Love and War.  It sounds like there was carnage amongst boardies, but at the end of the day the love was spread generously over this war painting us heavily with its warmth.

I have never been a part of such an amazing comic event.  I have never bought books from any of the major auction houses (Heritage, ComicLink, ComicConnect, etc.).  So this was a first for me at many levels.  I figured it was not one that I could miss.  As I would be able to tell future generations about where these riches and treasures came from.  The Collection of Jon Berk.

Below is my consolidated haul.  This has been fun.  It's great that I will have tangible proof to remind me of this great event.

fam1.1240a.jpg

fig1.899a.jpg

hit1.320a.jpg

sma1.355a.jpg

sta10.55a.jpg

sta10.62a.jpg

sup13.233a.jpg

Superb group of books there.

On 6/15/2017 at 11:55 PM, jcb193 said:

I breathed a sigh of relied, as fate had decided the decision for me, and walked away from the computer.  I walked down to the kitchen and began to wish I had won, but began to accept reality.  Someone else wanted the book more than me. Did they want it $100 more than me, or $5000 more than me?  We'll never know.  Maybe it will turn up again someday, but I doubt it.  I gave it my best effort.  So...anyway....there's a story and picture of a book I didn't win.

Great account!  I think most of us ended up stepping away from some of our pre-auction must-haves, while paying through the nose for others.

3 hours ago, lbcolefan said:

I ended up with 3 wins and several near misses!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Congrats! I was thinking of you when I saw that 4 Most Boys Comics. I'm glad u snagged it. For a good price too IMO! The others are sweet too! (thumbsu

3 hours ago, Frisco Larson said:
21 hours ago, Straw-Man said:

target8.jpg

I just noticed that the cover artists name has almost the right letters to spell out the name of Metro's 2nd in command ;) Funny book jumble!!

Zoncenti Valon?

I know it's not a golden age book, but I figured I should at least post this beauty somewhere in honor of Jon -- my one win from this auction!

Thanks for looking,

Dan

ps AMAZING books everyone is sharing here.  Love the color orgy of the Golden Age covers.

Daredevil 1.jpg