• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Berk Collection Auction Wins
5 5

411 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, Drummy said:

I know it's not a golden age book, but I figured I should at least post this beauty somewhere in honor of Jon -- my one win from this auction!

Thanks for looking,

Dan

ps AMAZING books everyone is sharing here.  Love the color orgy of the Golden Age covers.

Daredevil 1.jpg

Nice! When I see a 7.5 like this with white pages, I wonder why anyone is willing to pay multiples for a higher grade.

9 hours ago, RyanH said:

Many bids, one win.  This completes my Superworld run.

Got blown out of the water on my Popular Comics "Martan" cover/Larson copy bids.  Anyone win any of those?

superworld 2.jpg

That's a very cool cover, never seen it before!

On 6/16/2017 at 7:58 PM, Straw-Man said:

in light of what i expect the wonderworlds to do after the mystery men explosion, figured i better use some of this warchest.  this is one of my favorite covers of the g.a.

target8.jpg

Yes sir, that is a very cool funny book. Congrats Billy!

1 hour ago, Electron said:

And two sweet Larsons..way to go my friend! :headbang:

Thanks again RJ!! As you know, I had been admiring the Popular 57 ever since I saw it in the color cover gallery centerspread in the CBM issue with Jon's article. It's very surreal that it will now reside in my collection. I never spoke of it, to either you or Billy, but it was a secret top want. The 58 actually cost hundreds more, but as Jon himself had commented on these boards in the past, a run of Larsons is something you seldom see. So, thanks to him offering the majority of his collection for sale, I'll now have a tiny "run" of Larsons. Every one of my geeks came away with something for their boxes ..... of that I couldn't be more pleased!!!

Edited by Frisco Larson

1 hour ago, Drummy said:

I know it's not a golden age book, but I figured I should at least post this beauty somewhere in honor of Jon -- my one win from this auction!

Thanks for looking,

Dan

ps AMAZING books everyone is sharing here.  Love the color orgy of the Golden Age covers.

Daredevil 1.jpg

Purty Berk books are always welcome (thumbsu

2 hours ago, tth2 said:

Happy Father's Day... to me!

Mystery Men 3.jpg

Mystery Men 14.jpg

Mystery Men 16.jpg

Mystery Men 19.jpg

Tim;

You are really knocking it out of the park with these Church copies of the Mystery Men books.  :golfclap:

Any plans to go after any of the other early Fox runs or are you planning to stick with the Mystery Men's only?  hm

Congrats again on these beautiful pickups, especially with the MM 3.  (thumbsu

19 hours ago, Zolnerowich said:

Do your bro-in-laws have a favorite GA title? Have they caught your comic book bug?

Nope...I am the only collector of finely aged paper ephemera in the family!! 

10 hours ago, woowoo said:

Gino tell your buddy he needs to upgrade his beer :tink:

lagunitas-heineken-hed-2015.jpg

34994358220_d558cf1397_k.jpg

HAHA!!! He actually works at Budweiser and supplied the beverages he is quite the beer connoisseur!! He didn't bring bottles of any kind to this party too many kids running around without shoes (after we had a few bottles break last year on the patio :shy:) this was only about a 3rd of the folks that showed up. Once the sun went down and the kids scurried back into the forest some of the adults partook in some bags and "finer Ale" from my fridge. I stick to the light stuff personally (tea, water, Miller light :bigsmile:) but their was some Great Lakes and Fat Heads sitting in their for the guests. (thumbsu

Edited by gino2paulus2

1 hour ago, gino2paulus2 said:

I DIG IT!!!!!!

Thanks pal!!! I've tried to "stay off" the Centaur path, as SO many are on it, HAVE been on it for a while and not many come to market (Berk books notwithstanding). When Centaurs DO come up for sale, they're usually expensive & often times have lesser pq, of which I am not a fan. I'm not exactly thrilled about c/ow, but Gator informs me that Centaur collectors have to take what they can get. I don't recall seeing any posts with wins, so I gotta ask, did ya snag anything out of the Berk collection?