• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Berk Collection Auction Wins
5 5

411 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Straw-Man said:

$5 goes a long way in some of those  _____istan countries.

Yes! There's Collectistan for instance. I've been there. Nice country! Then there is Caveatemptoristan, but they make it really hard to leave the country once you are in it, and Buyersremorsistan, again very stringent border control... but somehow I dont think our Billy will be vacationing there for  the foreseeable future.

Of course, that's because he's holed up in the Ecuadorian Embassy, surrounded by hordes of frustrated underbidders. Now as for Underbidderistan...

6 hours ago, Zolnerowich said:

Here is my final line-up, in chronological bidding order. No Church or Centaurs, but some nice connections to some of Berk's favorite things (Larson, Lou Fine, Planet OA). Plus a Platinum newspaper sheet from January 1906.

lit59_3a.jpg.911a2b68e40cc8db4023c5f507c7e7cb.jpg

5944becb6d2a8_ScreenShot2017-06-17at12_31_11AM.jpg.6d8c314dc01efb1c6793545d19f4487d.jpg

fea1_347a.jpg.d622b64acbe09cd867d75b54e463ca7d.jpg

pla1.1419a.jpg.692eb6c5abcdf233ef83b3beb3b41f9a.jpg

pla1.1422a.jpg.d029d8cf7a7fef1ce6e17637ea1df121.jpg

sci1_73a.jpg.88fe5a3f14714416249723d46324f8e8.jpg

Love em all, but that OA piece is just to die for.  Amazing.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Lady Luck said:
7 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

IMG_4952.PNG

That's quite a haul, Rick! Congrats! :applause:

:headbang: That ought to keep Rick busy for a little while..... that Wonderworld, especially, is a real centerpiece.

GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

15 hours ago, Straw-Man said:

in light of what i expect the wonderworlds to do after the mystery men explosion, figured i better use some of this warchest.  this is one of my favorite covers of the g.a.

target8.jpg

Really sweet, previously unseen cover.  Might be wrong but I see a lot of similarities to Everett Heroic Covers from about the same time and wouldn't be surprised if he worked on cover?  This collection was so deep that this book didn't hit my radar.  That and I didn't get a catalog.  (shrug)

10 hours ago, Zolnerowich said:

Here is my final line-up, in chronological bidding order. No Church or Centaurs, but some nice connections to some of Berk's favorite things (Larson, Lou Fine, Planet OA). Plus a Platinum newspaper sheet from January 1906.

All beauties.  That Renee page is something else.  

18 minutes ago, ThothAmon said:

Might be wrong but I see a lot of similarities to Everett Heroic Covers from about the same time and wouldn't be surprised if he worked on cover?

He drew the Target covers immediately preceding this one so it's possible that he was involved if this was a production of Jacquet's shop.  While it does have a similar dynamic energy in the composition it seems different enough that the most I would say is that Everett's style could have been an influence.

Got this for the wifey, a lifelong big Pluto fan !

whe4_12a.jpg.b9e167f7c019059b9e08073090ba0850.jpg

And this for myself, though not Berk collection, learned of it thanks to the auction and acquired at a nice bargain (Metropolis 45% sale) price, aka fortuitous timing... the Pluto cost more lol

594456963a667__3.JPG.e5a5ba399901c5ef286d21363e490d19.JPG

Gratz to all, so proud of our GA boardies !!!

16 hours ago, Straw-Man said:

in light of what i expect the wonderworlds to do after the mystery men explosion, figured i better use some of this warchest.  this is one of my favorite covers of the g.a.

target8.jpg

Mine as well, Billy.  GREAT pick up.  Super clean copy