• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GA books still flying under the radar
1 1

304 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, lemonman6 said:

Does anything else think that a good chunk of the Murder Incorporated series is super cheap right now? It is a Fox Features title and has some great covers, but most issues can be had for under $100. 

Murder Inc. 14.jpg

32 minutes ago, N e r V said:

First let me apologize for posting this book for the third time but my copy had been in storage and when the underwater covers thread appeared I happened to look for (and found) it in the first box I opened. 

I wished to post it earlier here but didn't because of a lack of scans on it but it is a book I wanted to post here first because I believe with its poster style look and colours by LB Cole that this book will one day find its place. 

I think this book is the exact definition of this threads meaning as to flying under the radar.

image.thumb.jpeg.a1143ec656345ba348e706aa21b0d7fa.jpeg

I think she's going to need a bigger knife.  Great cover - no need for apologies -worth seeing again.

28 minutes ago, Mijael.Levy said:

Using # 6 as a benchmark here´ s another one i think has a lot of room to grow 

66545-11349-99542-1-ghost-comics.jpg

Been going for some good bucks but has lots of room due to the awesome cover!

13 minutes ago, aardvark88 said:

Buster Crabbe is overlooked, as no one collects cowboy comics anymore:

ODDVTd6.jpg

If anybody has a sane reason why Buster Crabbe #5 isn't in the same range as the FF 209-216 and WSF 29, I would love to hear it.  If anything, it should be more because of the amazing Williamson/ Krenkel/ Orlando story that goes with the cover.

Update:  Let's get a better view of the cover, even if it is somewhat foxed:

Buster_Crabbe_05.jpg

Edited by OtherEric
added image

1 hour ago, Ryan. said:

Seems like Frazetta Famous Funnies covers have blown up lately. Any other Frazettas worth shooting for?

Not covers, but Frazetta's interior stories in those few issues of Personal Love are amazing (including the Bettie Page one).

9 hours ago, OtherEric said:

If anybody has a sane reason why Buster Crabbe #5 isn't in the same range as the FF 209-216 and WSF 29, I would love to hear it.  If anything, it should be more because of the amazing Williamson/ Krenkel/ Orlando story that goes with the cover.

Buster_Crabbe_05.jpg

Holy ! Never seen that before! That's the only reason I can give you.

I agree western and crime are relatively unmined territory, especially westerns. There's at least a few high profile crime keys/covers; westerns pretty much zilch. (Bobby Benson 14 gets chased for the cover, but it's a bargain compared to its crime/horror peer group in the decapitations genre.)

1 hour ago, Readcomix said:

I agree western and crime are relatively unmined territory, especially westerns.

GhostRider4_zpsa33be125.jpg

I also have a soft spot for photo covers! :shy:

Gunsmoke16_zps6c10d049.jpg

13 hours ago, sacentaur said:

Not covers, but Frazetta's interior stories in those few issues of Personal Love are amazing (including the Bettie Page one).

I second this.  Heritage was auctioning off FF's own copies of PL a few weeks ago.  He signed a couple (although they weren't official CGC sig series.) I bid on them but didn't win any.  

13 hours ago, OtherEric said:

Buster_Crabbe_05.jpg

I believe this cover was originally intended to run in the Famous Funnies series with the other Frazetta issues.