• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GA books still flying under the radar
1 1

304 posts in this topic

On 6/27/2017 at 6:37 PM, Sqeggs said:

That's about the best looking Bonnett's book I've ever seen.  They're usually pretty raggedy.  

looks like UC #7 isn't flying below anyone's radar these days. Was even more than I thought it would go for. Decent copy, though not a FN, and the Bonnets stamp was about as unobtrusive as it could get for the size - there are some books where it pretty much ruins the eye-appeal completely.  

While these books aren't under the radar,  I do think that they are eventually going to be reconsidered.

Master Comics with Mac Raboy covers/interiors, particularly between issues #21 and around #36.  I can't believe that these books don't have a higher profile in the hobby.  Just look at that run of covers!  I think that #23, #26, #27, #32 and #34 are among the cream of the crop of GA hero covers.  And add Captain Marvel Jr. #4 to that list.

16 hours ago, *paull* said:

While these books aren't under the radar,  I do think that they are eventually going to be reconsidered.

Master Comics with Mac Raboy covers/interiors, particularly between issues #21 and around #36.  I can't believe that these books don't have a higher profile in the hobby.  Just look at that run of covers!  I think that #23, #26, #27, #32 and #34 are among the cream of the crop of GA hero covers.  And add Captain Marvel Jr. #4 to that list.

Amazing to me, too, how little love there is for Raboy.  Just as well, though, since I've still got a few books to go to complete his Fawcett run.

On 2017-07-01 at 8:53 PM, *paull* said:

Master Comics with Mac Raboy covers/interiors, particularly between issues #21 and around #36.  I can't believe that these books don't have a higher profile in the hobby.  I think that #23, #26, #27, #32 and #34 are among the cream of the crop of GA hero covers.  And add Captain Marvel Jr. #4 to that list.

You sure have good taste !

EcHgmGY.jpg

30 minutes ago, aardvark88 said:

You sure have good taste !

EcHgmGY.jpg

That's a beautiful looking copy of Captain marvel Jr. #4 and the pages look pretty nice also from what I can see.  :luhv:

How long have you had that copy for?  hm

1 hour ago, G.A.tor said:

I hear that centaurs are flying under the radar. Hope no one tries to buy any :)

I like to go back when nobody wanted them :cry:

10 hours ago, lou_fine said:

That's a beautiful looking copy of Captain marvel Jr. #4 and the pages look pretty nice also from what I can see.  :luhv:

How long have you had that copy for?  hm

Lou:

Not long. Just 34 years locked up in aardvark's Vault of Goodness. :blush:

Does anything else think that a good chunk of the Murder Incorporated series is super cheap right now? It is a Fox Features title and has some great covers, but most issues can be had for under $100. 

First let me apologize for posting this book for the third time but my copy had been in storage and when the underwater covers thread appeared I happened to look for (and found) it in the first box I opened. 

I wished to post it earlier here but didn't because of a lack of scans on it but it is a book I wanted to post here first because I believe with its poster style look and colours by LB Cole that this book will one day find its place. 

I think this book is the exact definition of this threads meaning as to flying under the radar.

image.thumb.jpeg.a1143ec656345ba348e706aa21b0d7fa.jpeg