• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WONDER WOMAN 2 directed by Patty Jenkins (11/1/19)
3 3

1,312 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, kav said:

A good guy with a sling shot will defeat an army of ninjas with machine guns every time.

And if your car has the doors welded shut and a confederate flag painted on the roof, you can jump over a 60 foot chasm and keep on driving when you hit the other side. Every time.

Edited by WeR138

1 minute ago, WeR138 said:

And if your car has the doors welded shut and a confederate flag painted on the roof, you can jump over a 60 foot chasm and keep on driving when you hit the other side. Every time.

Also, the vehicle will change magically from one model car to another!!!!!

Sadly, during the loma prieta earthquake when the bay bridge collapsed, people thought they could leap their car across like in the movies.  However, with no ramp, you just fall down at 9.8 m/s ^2.

Co worker of mine got rear ended in her car and immediately leaped out and started running.
She thought it would explode.

1 minute ago, Randall Ries said:

32 feet per second per second.

omg what if it was per second per second per second!!!
FAST

Just now, kav said:

omg what if it was per second per second per second!!!
FAST

It gets there. And as it was pointed out in Batman: The Dark Knight Returns: "Despite what you may have heard, you are likely to stay conscious all the way down." Aw yeah. That'd be a treat. On the other hand, I'd hate to have a heart attack as well all the way down.

2 minutes ago, Randall Ries said:

It gets there. And as it was pointed out in Batman: The Dark Knight Returns: "Despite what you may have heard, you are likely to stay conscious all the way down." Aw yeah. That'd be a treat. On the other hand, I'd hate to have a heart attack as well all the way down.

On the way down youre just like an astronaut in space-weightless.  Its exactly the same.

1 hour ago, WeR138 said:

Ah, the A-Team.  I loved that show when I was a boy.

Me too! When we would watch my dad would always comment how full of 💩 this show was. All those shots fired and no one ever gets hit and never any cops. When you’re 11 the show seems legit so I quite enjoyed it :popcorn:

11 minutes ago, bentbryan said:

Me too! When we would watch my dad would always comment how full of 💩 this show was. All those shots fired and no one ever gets hit and never any cops. When you’re 11 the show seems legit so I quite enjoyed it :popcorn:

I thought Batman was legit when i was a kid and got mad when my dad laughed at it lol 

10 hours ago, kav said:

The critic reviews are still useful to me-high critic low audience means a complete dud.  Low critic high audience means great film.

I used to think that too for the longest time. Then the story of how the film Gotti with a 0% critic score and thousands of positive audience responses - the week the film released.

So stories like that detract from the real scenario of the old days when I thought critics wanted something artsy and the audience wanted good entertainment.

13 hours ago, kav said:

On the way down youre just like an astronaut in space-weightless.  Its exactly the same.

We sure aren't weightless when we hit. This says I weigh 230lbs falling from 1,000 feet. Top speed is 174 mph and it takes me 7 seconds to get to my destination.

Untitled.png

8tracks radio | not with a bang but a whimper. (8 songs) | free and music  playlist

Warner Bros.’ Wonder Woman 1984 in its third weekend continued to emulate the legs of a horror movie, down -45% with $3M at 2,218 theaters and a running B.O. of $32.6M. It’s quite clear this movie isn’t going to make the money that Tenet did stateside at $58M and we knew that all along as 60% of all movie theaters are shutdown, including No. 2 chain Regal (Pennsylvania and Colorado reopened this past weekend I heard). Adding further insult to injury: I hear that after a dismal holiday period some movie theaters have decided to close down, and are skipping paying Warners on WW1984; that’s how bad things are. The studio, which normally doesn’t need to fight for its rental dollars, will need to do so now.

58 minutes ago, paperheart said:

8tracks radio | not with a bang but a whimper. (8 songs) | free and music  playlist

Warner Bros.’ Wonder Woman 1984 in its third weekend continued to emulate the legs of a horror movie, down -45% with $3M at 2,218 theaters and a running B.O. of $32.6M. It’s quite clear this movie isn’t going to make the money that Tenet did stateside at $58M and we knew that all along as 60% of all movie theaters are shutdown, including No. 2 chain Regal (Pennsylvania and Colorado reopened this past weekend I heard). Adding further insult to injury: I hear that after a dismal holiday period some movie theaters have decided to close down, and are skipping paying Warners on WW1984; that’s how bad things are. The studio, which normally doesn’t need to fight for its rental dollars, will need to do so now.

‘Wonder Woman 1984’ Continues To Fall With $3M In Third Weekend Amid Pandemic & U.S. Capitol Woes - By Anthony D'Alessandro

Interesting. The same Disney fanatic that noted The Last Jedi only cost $200M to make while everyone else was reporting $300M (+). Also interesting he used the same approach as Joker when he noted "...I hear Joker actually cost $70M to make...". Because then when you quote a rumor, all you are doing is sharing this information. Not something you can be held legally liable for.

Not surprised you buzzed around this one excitedly. 

fly_poop_dribbble.gif.244c2a4d7624538626874beaa698bef2.gif

16 minutes ago, paperheart said:

if Scotty, the WB water boy, doesn't say it, it didn't happen. Oh, no- he said it :roflmao:

Spoiler

#WonderWoman1984

WonderWoman_84_Dec_2020.png

Is A #BoxOffice Bomb, And Its #HBOMax Subscriber Boost Only Matters If Those Who Might Subscribe For Warner Bros.' Geek-Centric 2021 Movies Haven't Already Done So...

Wait. Don't you mean Mark Hughes, the dead Herbalife guy that still keeps posting about Hollywood events and results? I get so confused with your steady WB/DC negativity claims.

Herbalife_Paperheart.PNG.28b86775bf1acef20141b60e377b43e3.PNG

:kidaround:

Oh wait. You blew that one too. :boo:

Edited by Bosco685