• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WONDER WOMAN 2 directed by Patty Jenkins (11/1/19)
3 3

1,312 posts in this topic

23 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Denouement is actually the same as resolution. The old Steve Rogers scene in Endgame might be better clarified as an epilogue, which happens after the main story has been resolved.

Marty discovering at the end that not only is he back home in the future, but that his family is now rich and successful is still part of the denouement.

It's been a while since writing class.

Interesting. I read that article too on Screenrant.

Avengers: Endgame - 5 Reasons It Was The Perfect End To The Infinity Saga (& 5 It Wasn't)

After a cinematic journey that ticked all the boxes, Endgame's denouement was disappointing. As with The Return Of The King, the post-climax scenes were necessary to tie up various loose ends and character arcs. After Cap gets zapped back in time once more to restore the balance, Hulk is unable to bring him back.

It seems like the perfect cliffhanger to lead us into the next age of the MCU, but instead, we got the incredibly cheesy Cap ending. Good for him I suppose, but his decision also didn't jive with his well-established sense of duty and honor. From what we're shown he'd be more likely to run away and start a new life with Bucky.

Just with me, I would have referenced it to give credit to the writer. But that's just me. It's been years since I took Ethics In Writing in college. :smile:

49 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Interesting. I read that article too on Screenrant.

Avengers: Endgame - 5 Reasons It Was The Perfect End To The Infinity Saga (& 5 It Wasn't)

Just with me, I would have referenced it to give credit to the writer. But that's just me. It's been years since I took Ethics In Writing in college. :smile:

Wait, did you just accuse me of "plagiarizing" something? If so, what in particular did I "plagiarize" Mr. Smarty Pants Ethics Professor? You going to give me an F- now? I didn't realize I was still in grade school in this place.

Just now, @therealsilvermane said:

Wait, did you just accuse me of "plagiarizing" something? If so, what in particular did I "plagiarize" Mr. Smarty Pants Ethics Professor? You going to give me an F- now? I didn't realize I was still in grade school in this place.

Whenever you start posting long-winded statements about the perfection of the MCU it is clear where you are pulling from.

An 'F' would mean you would still be kept in the class to receive a grade. :smile:

3 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Whenever you start posting long-winded statements about the perfection of the MCU it is clear where you are pulling from.

An 'F' would mean you would still be kept in the class to receive a grade. :smile:

I'd post long winded statements about how good DC movies are too, but then I'd be guilty of straight up lying, though I'm sure I'd get an A+ in Bosco's School of "Love DC Movies No Matter How Awful They Are."

10 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

I'd post long winded statements about how good DC movies are too, but then I'd be guilty of straight up lying, though I'm sure I'd get an A+ in Bosco's School of "Love DC Movies No Matter How Awful They Are."

Awwww. Does someone not like when they are caught taking lines from articles and making it look like it was their thoughts?

Here. Have a lolli and go see mommy now. Like a good little boy.

DC_lolli.PNG.5e920f76f7c036e9da9a5010f0e69085.PNG

1 minute ago, Bosco685 said:

Awwww. Does someone not like when they are caught taking lines from articles and making it look like it was their thoughts?

Here. Have a lolli and go see mommy now. Like a good little boy.

DC_lolli.PNG.5e920f76f7c036e9da9a5010f0e69085.PNG

Ha! Where'd you get those from, the Aisle of Comic Book Merchandise That Won't Sell Because Everything That DC Does Sucks? I bet the candy is worse than the movies.

19 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Ha! Where'd you get those from, the Aisle of Comic Book Merchandise That Won't Sell Because Everything That DC Does Sucks? I bet the candy is worse than the movies.

emotion01.gif.baab99cf927202a57dd35589f80f873f.gif

Meanwhile, I've been a realist and noted more than once WB can't get out of its own way at times. Yet despite that, it lands a Man of Steel, Batman v Superman Ultimate Edition, Wonder Woman, Aquaman and Joker. Crazy really. And even though not a financial hit, Shazam brought plenty of fun (despite your concern with the Asian hate joke :baiting: ).

If you could just have an original thought other than "Well Feige said..." you would enjoy these much more. Heck, you didn't even know who the original founder of Marvel Studios was - and the guy is called out in the end for Age of Ultron for his contributions. See what you can learn if you just back off the studios competitions? Some decent knowledge on here. And good discussions.

9 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

emotion01.gif.baab99cf927202a57dd35589f80f873f.gif

Meanwhile, I've been a realist and noted more than once WB can't get out of its own way at times. Yet despite that, it lands a Man of Steel, Batman v Superman Ultimate Edition, Wonder Woman, Aquaman and Joker. Crazy really. And even though not a financial hit, Shazam brought plenty of fun (despite your concern with the Asian hate joke :baiting: ).

If you could just have an original thought other than "Well Feige said..." you would enjoy these much more. Heck, you didn't even know who the original founder of Marvel Studios was - and the guy is called out in the end for Age of Ultron for his contributions. See what you can learn if you just back off the studios competitions? Some decent knowledge on here. And good discussions.

This is why financial gain isn't really a good barometer for success. SHAZAM is a really good - if not great - movie.

1 hour ago, Angel of Death said:

This is why financial gain isn't really a good barometer for success. SHAZAM is a really good - if not great - movie.

Sorry, but any movie that features the hero doing the horrid floss dance isn’t allowed to be “great.” Not my rules.

image.gif.494cd3d25688cae5075c8d7f6ad2b0a7.gif

Edited by @therealsilvermane

10 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Sorry, but any movie that features the hero doing the horrid floss dance isn’t allowed to be “great.” Not my rules.

"DANCE OFF, BRO! ME AND YOU!"

emotion01.gif.378dc9f633fe2ba326a2bde8e9fa06e5.gif

15 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Sorry, but any movie that removes the drama of a moment by making a Cheez Whiz joke isn't allowed to be "great". Not my rules.

Avengers-Endgame-2019-the-avengers-43104

Edited by Angel of Death

11 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

I said the floss dance. Michael Jackson moves are perfectly acceptable and encouraged.

Sorry - but @bentbryanbrought the laughs to your continued digs at any studio not Marvel Studios. Just go with it and lighten up. :angel:

8 hours ago, Angel of Death said:

That could be consistent within the movie, hence why consistency is immaterial to suspension of disbelief.

But if it wasnt-if it was a medical thriller and it was done by people who knew nothing about medicine and used a spatula for surgery and an IV of maple syrup to 'raise the glucose level" then it would be inconsistent with reality and no one would suspend their disbelief for that (I hope).