• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CATRICK'S CORNUCOPIA IS CLOSED
4 4

451 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

Catrick's threads draw me in somehow. I do like these white dress dark fleeing mansion covers:sorry:

Oh,  REALLY   now.    I'll  be right  back.   (Cackles  madly,   rubs hands  together)

Let's  see how  Ricksneat  feels about  the flip side of that coin,    The  Lady  In  Black

The Dark Mansion  Of  Forbidden  Love  #1

Flat,   tight,    glossy,   bit of minor  wear,  and  some  modest soiling  BC.  

Grab  a  nice one for $50  SOLD!

sbQFiIB.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Just now, catrick339 said:

Let's  see how  Ricksneat  feels about  the flip side of that coin,    The  Lady  In  Black

The Dark Mansion  Of  Forbidden  Love  #1

Flat,   tight,    glossy,   bit of minor  wear,  and  some  modest soiling  BC.  

Grab  a  nice one for $50

sbQFiIB.jpg

:takeit:

Wer,  thanks  for  the  nice  gesture,  but  it  looks  as  though  Ricks  has  ceded it  to  you.  

You DID  win  fair  and square,   feel  free to gloat a bit,   lol

Here's  something   a bit out  of the ordinary.

The Monster Times  #1,  January 1972

I LOVED   this  newspaper  as  a teenager  and young  adult,  bought it  whenever  I could  find it. 

Tabloid sized,  and  chock  full of  interesting  stuff,   it read  like    a  cross between  The  Buyers  Guide  To  Comic  Fandom,   RBCC,   and  Famous Monsters  of  Filmland. 

This one is in pretty decent shape,  but  has  a  1"  tear  RH  edge,   see  scan.   It's  aged  remarkably  well,  with little or no  yellowing.  

Asking  $25  SOLD!

wu4uUD8.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Congo Bill 6

This  MAY have  been  the first  appearance of  Gorilla  City  in  DC  comics,  but  they've  done so  durn  many  ape stories  I  could  never pin it down,  lol

Listed  as  scarce,  this one is strictly    read.   General  wear,  corner  off upper  LH FC,  smaller matching corner off upper  RH BC,   and  a 3"  horizontal  tear  RH  FC from  above the head  of the ape  with the camera  to  the  back of Congo Bill's neck.  Split  lower spine.   Tight spine  and CF,   cream - offwhite pages.

O'street  G is $100,  take this one  for $60

OZrwiRI.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Selling the next  two  as  a  pair. 

Noman  1,  Noman 2,  from  Tower  Comics.

More of the great  1960's  Tower   publications,   this  is the entire title.

Both  copies  are tight,   glossy,   flat,   square,  with  offwhite pages  and minimal  wear,   but  issue 1  DOES  have  an issue  on the BC.   Along  the  RH  edge of the cover there are several  small scrapes,  along with a half inch wide vertical  soiling  mark.   If I had  to guess I'd  say that it got  hit  by  a roller  somewhere during  the printing/binding process,  and it  left  a  gray  mark  the length of the cover. You  can  read print through it,  and it hasn't  soaked  through,   so  I'm  guessing  that  it's  a long light ink mark.

If you buy these you've  collected the series!

I want $30  for  the pair,

dXQRvaI.jpg

v1sf1BB.jpg

It's  Christmas  in July!

Rudolph The  Red Nosed  Reindeer  Giant  Annual,  1962-1963.

This is the tough one  I'm  told,   and it's only the second one  I've ever gotten my hands on.  Listed  in  Overstreet  as  RARE, and  I might just believe them. 
A buddy  of mine  looked for 25+  years  before  he  found  a  decent  copy.

Flat  and  square,   with  some  general wear, small dogear upper  RH FC,  and  a big one that  runs  from  the lower  LH FC all the way up to the  center  RH.  Barely  breaks  color at all,  but  you should  see it in  my oversize  scan.  Bit of rubbing  BC,  and  a  couple  puzzles inside of  been neatly  penciled.  Cream to offwhite pages,  tight  spine.

I want  $75  for this one.  SOLD!

QKuxC3p.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Huh.  I thought  that  Rudolph  would  fly.  Um,  so  to speak,   :D

Strange  Mysteries 18

Rough  reader.    Rough.  Really  rough.   I am  talking  fully unsmooth here,  people.

The  usual  wear and tear,   lower spine  split,     couple  tears,  etc.   Here's the biggie.   The.  Entire.   Book.   Is.  Torn.  About.  Halfway.  Through.   From.  Center.   RH.  Edge. 

It  should  be visible on the cover  scan,  so imagine that  through  the  Entire.   Book.    You have been warned,. 

Extremely  unsmooth  reader  for $10  SOLD!

XrQS2JS.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Just now, catrick339 said:

Huh.  I thought  that  Rudolph  would  fly.  Um,  so  to speak,   :D

Strange  Mysteries 18

Rough  reader.    Rough.  Really  rough.   I am  talking  fully unsmooth here,  people.

The  usual  wear and tear,   lower spine  split,     couple  tears,  etc.   Here's the biggie.   The.  Entire.   Book.   Is.  Torn.  About.  Halfway.  Through.   From.  Center.   RH.  Edge. 

It  should  be visible on the cover  scan,  so imagine that  through  the  Entire.   Book.    You have been warned,. 

Extremely  unsmooth  reader  for $10

XrQS2JS.jpg

I'll take it

3 minutes ago, catrick339 said:

Strange  Mysteries 18 is SOLD!  Unsmoothness and  all!

Thanks  Retro!

Pop Holinger has nothing on what I'm going to do with that book. I'm thinking nightstand decopage.