• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CATRICK'S CORNUCOPIA IS CLOSED
4 4

451 posts in this topic

Lassie 3

THERE'S  our heroic  collie!  And  an early issue to boot.  Front  cover  is  a  perfectly nice  ordinary  Dell  painted  Boy  And His Dog  image,   but  check  the  BC  as  she  faces off  against  a couple   modern day  pirates! I'll back off  from any  dog that looks like  that at me,  :D

This issue has  plenty  of  wear  along  the spine  along  with several  tears,  and the lower  three inches  are split to boot.  

Grab  an  early  reader for  $5

v3vQUcA.jpg

tzrAoPK.jpg

2 minutes ago, retrocomics said:

Pop Holinger has nothing on what I'm going to do with that book. I'm thinking nightstand decopage. 

lollol

Batman 181,  first Poison Ivy

Perfectly  nice copy...except for that  1/4 x 3/4 piece  out  of the upper edge FC,   see scan.  Plenty of  other general wear, and a small split lower spine,  but  nothing  major  except the piece out.   Tight  spine  and CF,  white  pages,   and the  CF  poster  is  present   and  firmly  attached.

Asking $75  SOLD!

brJnXY7.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Just now, catrick339 said:

Batman 181,  first Poison Ivy

Perfectly  nice copy...except for that  1/4 x 3/4 piece  out  of the upper edge FC,   see scan.  Plenty of  other general wear, and a small split lower spine,  but  nothing  major  except the piece out.   Tight  spine  and CF,  white  pages,   and the  CF  poster  is  present   and  firmly  attached.

Asking $75

brJnXY7.jpg

Take it

Mister  Mystery 14

Another  good  decoupage   candidate.

This copy  actually  displays  reasonably well,  with  good  gloss,  but my oh my...

About 40 percent  of  the  back cover,  nearly  the lower half,  is  gone,   Adios!  All  that  loses you is  a chunk out  of two  mundane  50's  ads,  but still....long narrow  piece out  of  lower  LH  FC,  the spine splits up  from  there  to the staple,  and then  the big  BIG  tear starts,   from  the staple  through the chest,  and on through  the head of  the one eyed green  alien   Sigh...Interior  is tight with a few small tears,  nothing  that touches the art.   White  pages.

Decoupage  away  for $15!  SOLD!

4XDgLFF.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Just now, catrick339 said:

Mister  Mystery 14

This copy  actually  displays  reasonably well,  with  good  gloss,  but my oh my...

About 40 percent  of  the  back cover,  nearly  the lower half,  is  gone,   Adios!  All  that  loses you is  a chunk out  of two  mundane  50's  ads,  but still....long narrow  piece out  of  lower  LH  FC,  the spine splits up  from  there  to the staple,  and then  the big  BIG  tear starts,   from  the staple  through the chest,  and on through  the head of  the one eyed green  alien   Sigh...Interior  is tight with a few small tears,  nothing  that touches the art.   White  pages.

Decoupage  away  for $15!

4XDgLFF.jpg

take it

38 minutes ago, catrick339 said:

It's  Christmas  in July!

Rudolph The  Red Nosed  Reindeer  Giant  Annual,  1962-1963.

This is the tough one  I'm  told,   and it's only the second one  I've ever gotten my hands on.  Listed  in  Overstreet  as  RARE, and  I might just believe them. 
A buddy  of mine  looked for 25+  years  before  he  found  a  decent  copy.

Flat  and  square,   with  some  general wear, small dogear upper  RH FC,  and  a big one that  runs  from  the lower  LH FC all the way up to the  center  RH.  Barely  breaks  color at all,  but  you should  see it in  my oversize  scan.  Bit of rubbing  BC,  and  a  couple  puzzles inside of  been neatly  penciled.  Cream to offwhite pages,  tight  spine.

I want  $75  for this one.

QKuxC3p.jpg

Take it

1 minute ago, catrick339 said:

Mister  Mystery 14

Decoupage  away  for $15!

4XDgLFF.jpg

Take it

1 hour ago, catrick339 said:

Here's  something   a bit out  of the ordinary.

The Monster Times  #1,  January 1972

I LOVED   this  newspaper  as  a teenager  and young  adult,  bought it  whenever  I could  find it. 

Tabloid sized,  and  chock  full of  interesting  stuff,   it read  like    a  cross between  The  Buyers  Guide  To  Comic  Fandom,   RBCC,   and  Famous Monsters  of  Filmland. 

This one is in pretty decent shape,  but  has  a  1"  tear  RH  edge,   see  scan.   It's  aged  remarkably  well,  with little or no  yellowing.  

Asking  $25

wu4uUD8.jpg

Take it

Mister  Mystery 14 is SOLD!

Thanks    Jimmers!

Rudolph The  Red Nosed  Reindeer  Giant  Annual,  1962-1963 is SOLD!

Thanks  toto!   Sorry,   Jimmers  (porcupine48)  beat you to the other one,.

3 minutes ago, retrocomics said:

Nice MM. I wouldn't have decopaged with that one.

Imma leave it be,after a solid reading of course.I've a few Pops Famous Funnies...I think they are cool.

Edited by porcupine48

All right  lads  (and ladies  of course)  back to work.

Sports Action 14,  final  issue

Solid  precode  Atllas book,  about  VG or  so.   Plenty  of general  wear, and  a 1"  tear  LH  BC, but  tight  with  white pages  and  good gloss. 

Take it  for  $25

m1KFwHS.jpg

Nellie  The Nurse  16

1 x 3 horizontal piece out of BC,  you  can  see where  it  creeps around  to the FC  on  the  spine  below  the staple.  Otherwise  spine  roll and general wear,  cream - offwhite pages

Decent reader for $15  SOLD!

At5siUS.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Four Color 98,  The Lone  Ranger

Second  appearance  in Four  Color,   fifth overall,  after   three  appearances in Large  Feature  and  Feature Book. 

Flat and clean,  minimal  general  wear,   tiny corner off  lower  RH  FC. Tight  spine  and  CF  with offwhite - white pages.

Take it home  for $50

1YPlNsI.jpg