• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CATRICK'S CORNUCOPIA IS CLOSED
4 4

451 posts in this topic

Jungle Jim 5

Drop dead  gorgeous.   I see  three  color breaks  on  the spine, and that's  it.  No  wear,   just a hint  of  rubbing lower  RH  FC.  Glossy  as the dickens,   flat,  clean,   square,  bone white pages,   tight  spine  and  CF.  If  it  doesn't  sell  here  it's heading out  for  a  press and  a slab.  I'm  thinking  9.4  or  thereabouts. 

Any takers  at  $50?   Or  do  I  set it  in the pile  for  pressing?

iCi1zWZ.jpg

Here's  one  I  hadn't  seen  before  I got this copy.

Paul  Terry's  Mighty  Mouse  Adventures  1,  only issue.    Becomes   Adventures of Mighty  Mouse   with issue  2

Rough  reader,  tear  at  upper staple,    cover loose,  four  fingernail  sized  pieces out  of the FC,   see scan. Interior is decent enough,  tight  with  offwhite pages. 

Asking $25

KHWxUWZ.jpg

Crime  Detector 5

Listed in O'street  as  "classic"   for  what it's  worth,   with  Jay Disbrow  art. 

Alas,  this  is a stripped  copy.  First  three  interior  leaves   were  razored  too.   Otherwise  tight, cream - offwhite pages.

EDIT   Hmm.   Let  me  clarify.   First  three  pages  were razored,   but  they're  still all  there,  just....floppier,  :D

Who  wants  a  reader for $15?

WJdPwef.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Casper The Friendly  Ghost 8

1953,  early   Baby  Huey  appearance.  Durned  nice copy too. 

Flat  and  square,   clean  and  tight,   white pages.   Light  dust shadow  RH edge  FC,   bit of  general  wear. 

Take  home   a very pretty copy  for  $40

E3McNxc.jpg

Wilbur 11

Nice looking  rough  read4er.   Water along  bottom  edge,   long narrow piece out  lower FC,   lower staple  loose,   spine wear  and splits  about halfway up.  and it STILL  looks  good  in  a mylar,   lol

Interior is  nice  enough, tight with offwhite pages.  Early Katy Keene  appearance.

Asking $12  SOLD!

beqahCc.jpg

Edited by catrick339

War  Against  Crime 2

Rough  reader  EC,  spine  is  better than half split,  tears, chips out  spine  on BC,  and yet  somehow  the  cover is  still  attached  to both  staples.    Go  figure.   Oh,  did I  mention  the rusty upper  staple,  with  plenty  of  migration? Other  staple is rusty too,  with migration,   and  the CF  is loose  to  boot. 

Beat  but  complete.

Asking  $40  for  a rough  reader. 

ZuvVTGr.jpg

Edited by catrick339

2 hours ago, catrick339 said:

Nellie  The Nurse  16

1 x 3 horizontal piece out of BC,  you  can  see where  it  creeps around  to the FC  on  the  spine  below  the staple.  Otherwise  spine  roll and general wear,  cream - offwhite pages

Decent reader for $15

At5siUS.jpg

Take it!

Little  Audrey  and Melvin 1

Bit of  general  wear,    dogear  lower  RH  FC,  and extremely  light  water  lower  RH  FC.  It may  not  show up  in  the scan  but it's  there.  Tight  spine  and CF,   white  pages. 

Take it  for $15

1WA35DR.jpg

18 minutes ago, catrick339 said:

Wilbur 11

Nice looking  rough  read4er.   Water along  bottom  edge,   long narrow piece out  lower FC,   lower staple  loose,   spine wear  and splits  about halfway up.  and it STILL  looks  good  in  a mylar,   lol

Interior is  nice  enough, tight with offwhite pages.  Early Katy Keene  appearance.

Asking $12

beqahCc.jpg

Take it!

New shooter coming out,   folks!

Nellie  The Nurse  16 is SOLD!  Wilber 11  is  SOLD!   Thanks  Robot!

Space  Adventures 15,  Rocky  Jones Space  Ranger

Ol'  Rocky and team  have  gotten  themselves  some  odd  facial tattoos.   Either that,   or  some nine year old has gotten busy  with  the blue ballpoint,  lol

SO!   Spine roll,  cover loose,    plenty  of unnecessary ink.    Interior is tight  with offwhite    pages. 

Rough  reader for  $12

DZF2i6w.jpg

All right Gang,   we  have  a  request  for  some  vintage  Batman,   and  Jimmer's  perpetual  cry  for  Canadian  stuff,   anything else?  I'm  ready  for  a dinner break,   will be  back  around 9 PM  for   another hour  or  two.    LMK  what  you're looking  for,  I may  have  some.