• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stolen X-Men #94 - CGC 9.6
5 5

97 posts in this topic

Would people please be on the look-out for an X-Men #94, CGC 9.6, OW-W, serial number #1110518001

This was sent from the UK to an address in Renton, WA and allegedly not received, although it has been tracked as delivered by USPS. Buyer involvement cannot be discounted.

Any information on its whereabouts will be gratefully received.

10014880.jpg

Paypal have ruled in favour of the buyer. I have proof of postage, tracking and confirmation from USPS that it was delivered.

However, USPS have been unable to produce a signature and the buyer is claiming he never had it delivered, so....

$3,200 out of pocket.

Edited by Flaming_Telepath

Sometimes, you just know that something is not right...

The buyer bought the book from our site on Thursday 22nd.

He opened a Paypal dispute on Monday 26th, thus freezing the funds in our account, because he 'had not received a tracking number'.

Four days after purchase, and two of them the weekend!!!

When the alarm bells started ringing, however, it was too late...the book was already on its way.

17 minutes ago, Flaming_Telepath said:

Paypal have ruled in favour of the scammer buyer. I have proof of postage, tracking and confirmation from USPS that it was delivered.

However, USPS have been unable to produce a signature and the buyer is claiming he never had it delivered, so....

$3,200 out of pocket.

Sorry to hear this Nik.  So USPS was supposed to get a sig and didn't?  Shouldn't this be on USPS?

21 minutes ago, Flaming_Telepath said:

Paypal have ruled in favour of the scammer buyer. I have proof of postage, tracking and confirmation from USPS that it was delivered.

$3,200 out of pocket.

Sorry to hear. You need to call them up and explain the situation to them calmly. I've heard of them reversing stupid decisions like this. Also get on Royal Mail (?) as signature should have come with the tracking to the US.

11 minutes ago, thehumantorch said:

Sorry to hear this Nik.  So USPS was supposed to get a sig and didn't?  Shouldn't this be on USPS?

They were. The book was sent via International Signed For service...signature is what I paid for, but USPS have not as yet been able to supply one.

It HAS been delivered, though, and the address is not a block of apartments. It was delivered on a Saturday afternoon, so it's more likely that the residents were in.

The buyer's filing of a claim after two working days makes me extremely suspicious.He clearly wanted funds freezing in a hurry.

5 minutes ago, Flaming_Telepath said:

Matt, Royal Mail will take 4-6 weeks to work this through their system. However, they are not liable, as they held up their end of the bargain.

If it was sent International SIGNED for then they haven't? Surely it's their responsibility to get the signature from USPS on your behalf as they have your money. Yes they are slow but I've never had a problem claiming, though never for this much. Getting on Paypal's case is of course your first course of action. Really hoping it works out.

5 minutes ago, MustEatBrains said:

I think a book with this serial # was selling on eBay that ended on July 1 (had a reserve not met)

here's a link to the completed sale:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=X-men+94+9.6&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&LH_Complete=1&_udlo=&_udhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=07078&_sargn=-1%26saslc%3D1&_salic=1&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=50

nice catch. Renton, WA

9 minutes ago, MustEatBrains said:

I think a book with this serial # was selling on eBay that ended on July 1 (had a reserve not met)

here's a link to the completed sale:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=X-men+94+9.6&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&LH_Complete=1&_udlo=&_udhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=07078&_sargn=-1%26saslc%3D1&_salic=1&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=50

That's it, from Renton, WA also. It was listed on June 24, obviously before the book arrived. This new info needs to be reported to Paypal.

1 minute ago, Flaming_Telepath said:

Is there any way of somebody linking the actual auction page? All I'm getting is a list of matching books and the only non-SS 9.6 is not the same serial number?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-X-Men-94-Aug-1975-Marvel-CGC-9-6-OFF-WHITE-TO-WHITE-PAGES-New-X-men-/152599071418?epid=85482721&hash=item23879d0aba:g:7QUAAOSw0j9ZTy9D