• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

California Comic Convention ( CalComicCon) 2018
6 6

152 posts in this topic

22 hours ago, shortboxed said:

So who's in for drinks at 7:00pm at El Torito after the buy/sell/trade meetup from 3:30-6:30pm? Last year's meetup was a lot of fun! Probably had one too many margaritas. Here's a map for those who can't find El Torito right across the parking lot :bigsmile:

:tink:

Screen Shot 2018-01-24 at 1.08.34 PM.png

That line looks nice and straight. I suspect that the return line will be a lot more wobbley...(:

22 hours ago, shortboxed said:

So who's in for drinks at 7:00pm at El Torito after the buy/sell/trade meetup from 3:30-6:30pm? Last year's meetup was a lot of fun! Probably had one too many margaritas. Here's a map for those who can't find El Torito right across the parking lot :bigsmile:

:tink:

Screen Shot 2018-01-24 at 1.08.34 PM.png

Can we do it before the swap? I buy better when I drink. Is what I tell myself the next day.

On ‎7‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 6:56 PM, TerrysComics said:

The Twelve California Comic Convention ( CalComicCon ) will be held on Sunday, January 28th 2018.
The show will be held in Orange County in Yorba Linda, held just miles from Disneyland and other attractions.
We will continue to have a raffle that will have CGC graded comics, original artwork and sketches by guest artists.
All paid admissions will receive a raffle ticket, extra ticket can be purchased at the show.
Advance purchases will get three tickets, with a chance at a special online ticket holder only raffle.
CGC will again be taking comic submissions and doing signature witnessing.
This year the California Comic Convention will continue to place emphasis on vintage comic books. see dealers list and pics from past shows.
Dealers and collectors from all over the country will be at the show.
The show will be held from 9:30 AM to 5:00 PM; tickets are only $10 and parking is free.
For more info goto: CalComicCon

CCC_2018_banner.jpg

Hey I do I get a :preach:discount since I am an old man now and have to have my daughter pay at the door. :whistle:

3 hours ago, woowoo said:

Hey I do I get a :preach:discount since I am an old man now and have to have my daughter pay at the door. :whistle:

you can have free admission to this like every one else unless you are selling then $10 a box up to three.

10 hours ago, www.alexgross.com said:

will dealers still be selling on sunday from 2pm on? i dont think i can make it before about that time. i know it says it goes to 5, but just want to see if people are starting to pack up their stuff early like at other shows. thanks. 

There are usually deals going up till and after the show closes.  T.

3 hours ago, TerrysComics said:

There are usually deals going up till and after the show closes.  T.

Any plans on making this a two day event, Terry ? GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

13 hours ago, jimjum12 said:

Any plans on making this a two day event, Terry ? GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

I doubt it. He has been asked before. Besides, it would take a lot of the fun out of it. The first day is crazy and the second day is a dragger. The buzz in this room is off the hook because it's one day only. Great for dealers because you just get one chance at a lot of stuff. You wait and poof it's gone...

31 minutes ago, Junkdrawer said:

Hope everyone has a good night tonight and find lots of great books tomorrow. I attended last year and would have been there this. Bad timing. Hopefully 2019

Sorry you won’t be there Junk. Had fun talking to you last year. You will miss the mid 80’s weather we are having...

See you guys tomorrow.  I'll be bringing some books for sale as well and will likely be at my dealer friend's booth (FVF Comics/Brad). Still gotta ask him, but he should be fine with it. I'll be bringing an ASM #1 CGC 4.0, Showcase #4 CGC 3.0, X-Men #1 CGC 8.0, and a Tec #187 CGC 5.5.