• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show your Golden Age Foreign Editions
4 4

203 posts in this topic

Wow - that's a stunner. (thumbsu

Thank you for taking the effort to post it @GermanFan. Interesting that it's a 6d book when the Ausreprints series has #1 and #2 at 8d. I used to think that the lower price must be earlier, but now I understand that the lower prices on later numbers sometimes indicated a book printed in Australia for the New Zealand market. I promise I'll stop asking questions soon, but what does the indicia say?

P.S. I really really want one now!

Gibi Mensal No. 142 (GRAIL)

High Grade Beauty...

1st Appearance Submariner

Published by O Globo, Brazil 1940

The first published Timely Comic in Brazilian history and the oldest NON-US publishing of Submariner world-wide.

The cover art is Brazilian original and this comic was only available as a Journal insert and that is why the No.142 is on the comic.

The first year of Gibi Mensal was 1940 and the first 12 issues were all inserts and most ended up in the garbage after the newspaper was read that day.

Making these first 12 issues extremely rare and out of those 12 issues, the first appearances of the Submariner, Human Torch and Kazar were published at that time.

5abc19119d205_GibiMensalNo_142.thumb.jpg.afb7b76ede5765ad3d7f68ae7a60a0fa.jpg

Edited by Komic Kazi