• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show your Golden Age Foreign Editions
4 4

203 posts in this topic

Aventuras #289
Vaqueros Intrépidos
Ghost Rider
Artist: Ram Zittle
Published by Editor Sol, Mexico

#skyeottcomics #komickazicomics #mexicancomics #goldenagecomics #foreigncomics #internationalcomics #ghostrider

52469057_1232675293557026_2461998742966894592_n.jpeg

Edited by Komic Kazi International

On 11/11/2022 at 1:15 PM, Brad Ross Cohen said:

I just got these two back and I am not sure if they have the correct description and title. 1st they labeled them as if they are reprints which I am not sure is the case. Second they are UK versions but i was pretty sure they were Australian. ?!?! 

We need our Australian experts to weigh in, but my understanding is that some Australian comics are printed in the UK because I've also seen them called "UK" comics.

On 11/11/2022 at 1:15 PM, Brad Ross Cohen said:

image.jpeg

Wow.  That's a high grade.  Book says "Superman #52".  :canofworms:

I'm pretty sure that Murray printed different prices for UK vs AUS.  I keep forgetting...

SWEET BOOK!!

On 9/10/2022 at 10:48 PM, jimbo_7071 said:

I picked up this one because I liked it and it was cheap.

IMG_20220811_093645218~2.jpg

So cool. How much it was?

On 11/10/2022 at 10:40 PM, sfcityduck said:

I'm really loving the search for cool foreign editions.  For me, its all about finding cool covers not seen in the U.S.  Some are drawn by foreign artists.  Others are by notable US artists - usually internal repurposed panels (not redrawn) into covers like these:

IMG_0345.thumb.jpg.4bf7345897c7c406737c755489cbf8cb.jpg

I've already got fantastic covers by Barks (one of my favorite DD stories) and Foster that never appeared in the U.S.  Cool stuff!

Beautiful covers, I loved them.

On 11/11/2022 at 7:15 PM, Brad Ross Cohen said:

I just got these two back and I am not sure if they have the correct description and title. 1st they labeled them as if they are reprints which I am not sure is the case. Second they are UK versions but i was pretty sure they were Australian. ?!?! 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Ridiculously high note for non-American comics, poor labeling, IMO :P. I'm jealous!

Random thoughts about the Heritage international Foreign Comics Auction:

I wanted to watch it live, but it started 9pm here, so I only followed it until the 'A' letter finished.

Biggest mistake was to grade everything, if they do part 2, they should seriously reconsider the need of grading books expected to be sold by less than +- $200.

About the Brazilian books, the most special silver age IMO, the Superman 61 (AC 252), was a great deal given how special it is. By far, the coolest Brazilian Silver Age book in the auction (grade by grade).

Most Brazilian golden age stuff were sold by values not much different than what they are usually sold in Brazilian Mercado or Brazilian auction websites.

The two coolest ones (more important) were Gibi 224 and the Phantom 's Correios Universal. I think Gibi 224 was sold by more or less what is worth, given the really poor condition. The Phantom was sold by somewhat less perhaps, but it isn't a book I would have submitted to Heritage. Perhaps Ebay, Mercado Livre or Brazilian auction houses would have been a better place.

The places 3-5 on the coolest Brazilian rank were Gibi Mensal 7A, 8A and Lobinho 50. Gibi 8A was sold by a reasonable price I think, given its condition, but the two other under performed by a lot. I wouldn't hesitate by a second to choose one of the other three places to sell them.

Shazam n°2, perhaps n°6 on the coolest list, could have done a little better I think.

Link for the books sold: https://comics.ha.com/c/search-results.zx?No=0&N=52+790+231+4294939259

On 11/12/2022 at 6:05 AM, Kromak said:

Random thoughts about the Heritage international Foreign Comics Auction

I really liked that Superman 123 which had the Supergirl prototype drawn with long hair instead of the short hair-style of the US version.

I had many books on my watch list, but I forgot when the auction running.  They need to keep their comic book auctions fixed for Sundays.