• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show your Golden Age Foreign Editions
4 4

203 posts in this topic

On 6/16/2021 at 11:45 PM, Frisco Larson said:

The only one of these that I have. This one is from March of 1942 and features one of my favorite Golden Age characters, The Sub-Mariner! 

gibi sub-mariner cover 3-42 brazilian.jpg

Congratulations

Very Rare and in good condition.

O Globo the very first International publishers of Timely Comics, and the dawn of Brazilian Timely began with Submariner in 1940.

1 hour ago, Komic Kazi International said:

Congratulations

Very Rare and in good condition.

O Globo the very first International publishers of Timely Comics, and the dawn of Brazilian Timely began with Submariner in 1940.

Thank you for that information!!! I didn't know when they started printing the Timely books. 

@Komic Kazi International I was wondering if perhaps you can help me with something. I am hoping that you have a copy of this Brazilian comic that I was very fortunate to be able to purchase the original front cover art of. I haven't been able to track down a copy of it so I can see how it looks in printed form. Super-Homem #78 from March of 1954.

Super-Homem 78 March 1954 cover large.jpg

On 6/19/2021 at 8:48 PM, Frisco Larson said:

@Komic Kazi International I was wondering if perhaps you can help me with something. I am hoping that you have a copy of this Brazilian comic that I was very fortunate to be able to purchase the original front cover art of. I haven't been able to track down a copy of it so I can see how it looks in printed form. Super-Homem #78 from March of 1954.

Hello friend I will have to pull some boxes from deep storage to access my series #1 Superman from Brazil.

Touch base with me on Facebook Messenger: Skye Ott

By the way congratulations on your incredible Ebal original published art.

The Ebal art collection is historically important and published art from Brazil from the Golden Age is very rare.

9 hours ago, Komic Kazi International said:

Hello friend I will have to pull some boxes from deep storage to access my series #1 Superman from Brazil.

Touch base with me on Facebook Messenger: Skye Ott

Thank you. I'm not on Facebook much but I will message you on there. 

9 hours ago, Komic Kazi International said:

By the way congratulations on your incredible Ebal original published art.

The Ebal art collection is historically important and published art from Brazil from the Golden Age is very rare.

Thank you so much!!! I was VERY excited to get it and am very happy to own it! 

On 6/19/2021 at 10:14 PM, Komic Kazi International said:

Superman #45

Edição Especia Super Baby

Published by Ebal, Brazil 1951

Superman #45.jpg

Out of curiosity, this one was the first edition published in colors by Ebal that was printed inside Brazil (Ebal is one of the four major publishers in Brazil and the one responsible by nearly all DC content that was printed after 1947 until mid 80's and also the responsible by introducing Marvel's superheroes in 1967)

On 6/16/2021 at 2:21 AM, Frisco Larson said:

Swedish publication of Batman #66. A back cover shot and a splash page pic before I had it certified.

Batman 66 Swedish front.jpg

Batman 66 Swedish back.jpg

Batman 66 Swedish splash.jpg

I have a soft spot by these "eccentric" Coringa covers.