• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AF15 value - will the market 'crash'?
3 3

280 posts in this topic

38 minutes ago, Iceman399 said:

The USA doesn't play the same we Canadians do.

Sending an item from Canada to the USA does not incur duties

Sending an item from USA to Canada does incur duties.

That said some postal companies will charge a fee regardless to "process" the package through customs.

Canadians are "supposed" to pay duty on anything with a value greater than $20.00. Some items do get through though.

The Trump administration is currently trying to get Canada to raise the duty free limit to $800.00 and it looks as if Canada MAY be willing to counter with a $500.00 limit. :wishluck:

1 hour ago, Jordysnordy said:
2 hours ago, Iceman399 said:

The USA doesn't play the same we Canadians do.

Sending an item from Canada to the USA does not incur duties

Sending an item from USA to Canada does incur duties.

That said some postal companies will charge a fee regardless to "process" the package through customs.

Canadians are "supposed" to pay duty on anything with a value greater than $20.00. Some items do get through though.

I believe they are supposed to declare everything that has a value greater than a certain dollar amount and then pay the applicable duty.

I believe there used to be a customs duty charge on comic books, but this had been slowly reduced and now fully eliminated over the years with the free trade agreement in place between the 2 countries.  You still have to pay either the PST, GST, or HST depending upon the province you live in and which one of these 3 taxes applies.  hm

53 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

I believe they are supposed to declare everything that has a value greater than a certain dollar amount and then pay the applicable duty.

I believe there used to be a customs duty charge on comic books, but this had been slowly reduced and now fully eliminated over the years with the free trade agreement in place between the 2 countries.  You still have to pay either the PST, GST, or HST depending upon the province you live in and which one of these 3 taxes applies.  hm

We still pay duty on comic books. You can have the sender mark books as the duty rate is lower on books than comics - go figure.

1 hour ago, Stuck1 said:

A down payment is still a down payment;)

I had fun driving my Vantage Roadster down to the SDCC last week.  You'll have much more fun with the car than you ever had with the AF15.  Sell, Mortimer, sell!!

19 minutes ago, delekkerste said:

I had fun driving my Vantage Roadster down to the SDCC last week.  You'll have much more fun with the car than you ever had with the AF15.  Sell, Mortimer, sell!!

"Where the hell is Beeks?"

On 7/24/2017 at 9:51 PM, Stuck1 said:

It says i dont ship internationally but I will ship to my brothers up north! 

People who don't ship internationally are really missing out on sales. Let the buyer decide if they'll pay the expensive shipping fees.  

On 2017-07-21 at 6:23 AM, piper said:

I would like to think we can have a civil discussion on this topic? 2c

There's no need for anyone to throw insults around.

It's still high school for some people.

On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 4:01 PM, delekkerste said:

Do you keep it out on the West Coast or back in NY?  You didn't drive cross country in it did you?  

5 hours ago, chrisco37 said:
On 7/25/2017 at 4:01 PM, delekkerste said:

Do you keep it out on the West Coast or back in NY?  You didn't drive cross country in it did you?  

I had all the same questions! lol

2 minutes ago, VintageComics said:

I had all the same questions! lol

I had it shipped out to CA a few years ago.  After I stopped commuting to NJ for work, I found it just wasn't worth it to spend $8K/year to park it in NYC (on top of all the other running costs) when I was only using the car a few times a year (it's also not something you can drive year-round on the east coast).  

I get just as much use out of it now on my few trips out west every year, but in a better environment and don't have to pay for parking. :acclaim: 

On 7/25/2017 at 3:01 PM, delekkerste said:

Vantage Roadster vs a nice AF15. Cool choice.

1 minute ago, Kevin76 said:

i'd take the af 15, cars don't last  and are pretty much a money pit. 

I agree. I think he made a cool choice but my '06 GMC Canyon is still alive and well.

Edited by peewee22