• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Son of My 50 Year Junk Obsession
16 16

3,216 posts in this topic

On 7/22/2024 at 4:04 PM, PopKulture said:

All Fiction House?! That’s super impressive! Those early oversized Jumbos are tough! 

Big historic runs like that are a testament to persistence.  :golfclap:

I didn’t see those. Might have sold before I got there. Terry said it was “near” complete but dealers hit him early.

On 7/21/2024 at 8:14 PM, Robot Man said:

Of course no con would be a con without the hardest working man in comics. He had the usual amazing stuff but just nothing for me this time.

IMG_9293.jpeg

Harley truly is! If there's no big show anywhere in North America some weekend and he's not in Europe or Australia, he'll set up at a small local show in Michigan, Ohio or southern Ontario!

:smile:

On 7/22/2024 at 9:23 PM, Hepcat said:

Harley truly is! If there's no big show anywhere in North America some weekend and he's not in Europe or Australia, he'll set up at a small local show in Michigan, Ohio or southern Ontario!

:smile:

He will be the first dealer on the Moon…

On 7/23/2024 at 10:14 AM, Robot Man said:

He will be the first dealer on the Moon…

The moon caves were dug by him for a nice regional Show. No Earthlings were invited, unfortunately. GOD VLESS ... 

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

MEME MOONRISE3.jpg

Edited by jimjum12

On 7/30/2024 at 2:53 PM, Robot Man said:

I have always seeked out stuff autographed by famous cartoonists and comic book artists. Today, I have one from Harold Gray!

littleotphannieautographedpicture.jpeg

Nice one!  Do you have any of the Harold Gray Christmas cards that feature Orphan Annie characters?  Rich Olson had an almost-complete set and I've been working on a set as well.

On 7/30/2024 at 1:58 PM, mlansdown said:

Nice one!  Do you have any of the Harold Gray Christmas cards that feature Orphan Annie characters?  Rich Olson had an almost-complete set and I've been working on a set as well.

Nope, not a one...

On 8/23/2024 at 8:55 AM, BitterOldMan said:

@Robot Man please give us a short report on the All American Collector’s Show in Glendale.  I was fortunate to attend in the eighties. Thanks in advance.

No dice on this one mi amigo. Had an unexpected situation arise and was unable to make it. I actually heard there were more comics than usual this time. It is always a killer show. Will be back at the Jan show though. 

On 8/23/2024 at 5:33 PM, Robot Man said:

No dice on this one mi amigo. Had an unexpected situation arise and was unable to make it. I actually heard there were more comics than usual this time. It is always a killer show. Will be back at the Jan show though. 

The show had about ten to fifteen dealers with comics; maybe more. A pretty nice selection though I don't bother looking at anything newer than Silver Age and barely look at them. A pretty nice selection of Golden Age and I scored two nice Harvey Terry and the Pirates for about $35. I posted those in the Harvey thread. Prices seemed about normal, but no screaming bargains. Some nice pulps around here and there but way too expensive; the new trendy item. Lots of fun stuff to look at though in general though I don't need to buy anything anymore as we are trying to de-clutter the house. The paperback show is still my favorite show in this venue.

Glad you are back and got to go to the show Frank.

I love this show as much as the Paperback show. More of the “other stuff” than comics/books. Just a different vibe.

Although not a “comic show” stuff always pops up. Especially during set up. Often toy/advertising folks that run into them in their travels. Hit or miss.

The huge “Paul” collection of early comics and pulps just popped up at one show. Only had to share the boxes with one other guy who fortunately had very little money. Turned into a 5-6 month buying opportunity for me.

A nice box of lower grade ECs turned up one time on the floor of the stage area.

These were exceptions to the rule of course. Again, not a comic show.

This is what I got last January during set up. Not counting some nice toys ect.

IMG_7206.jpeg

IMG_7205.jpeg

On 8/24/2024 at 2:22 PM, Robot Man said:

Glad you are back and got to go to the show Frank.

I love this show as much as the Paperback show. More of the “other stuff” than comics/books. Just a different vibe.

Although not a “comic show” stuff always pops up. Especially during set up. Often toy/advertising folks that run into them in their travels. Hit or miss.

The huge “Paul” collection of early comics and pulps just popped up at one show. Only had to share the boxes with one other guy who fortunately had very little money. Turned into a 5-6 month buying opportunity for me.

A nice box of lower grade ECs turned up one time on the floor of the stage area.

These were exceptions to the rule of course. Again, not a comic show.

This is what I got last January during set up. Not counting some nice toys ect.

IMG_7206.jpeg

IMG_7205.jpeg

There were a couple of "Paul" Pogos in one box; just priced a little too high for the condition. My favorite "Paul" pickup was this Pogo Four Color at a Wonder Con. I don't think I even knew what they were when I picked this one up.

FourColor148.thumb.jpg.610c0ef010ceccb63461506c0fbd9fc4.jpg