• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Son of My 50 Year Junk Obsession
16 16

3,112 posts in this topic

21 hours ago, Patriot6 said:

YESSSSSSSSSSS!!!

I love this thing.

I'm pretty sure you had the video last time. 

Coolest Halloween toy ever!!

Any idea what the box looked like?

I don’t have the box but have seen it. Just two colors and not real exciting. The toy it’s self is the winner.

15 hours ago, n2wdw said:

What a great find!  I'm on the east coast so we go to Disney World in Florida and we are big fans.  We own their time share (called the Disney Vacation Club) and used to go 2-3 times a year when the kids were younger.  My oldest, who is 23, has been over 20 times.  Now with the kids grown up we go every 2-3 years.  But still we love it.  In fact that's the origin of my name, in to Walt Disney World -- n2wdw.

Wow, I didn’t realize that. You are a fan. I’ve only been to Disney World once. Had a great time. Kind of strange though that some of the rides there are a little different than Disneyland. Usually a little shorter. Pirates is a good example. I liked Epcot better but it seemed that when I went it seemed a little dated. 

Hard to think about reality when you are there. Truly, a magical place!

On 10/14/2018 at 12:03 PM, Robot Man said:
On 10/13/2018 at 8:07 PM, n2wdw said:

What a great find!  I'm on the east coast so we go to Disney World in Florida and we are big fans.  We own their time share (called the Disney Vacation Club) and used to go 2-3 times a year when the kids were younger.  My oldest, who is 23, has been over 20 times.  Now with the kids grown up we go every 2-3 years.  But still we love it.  In fact that's the origin of my name, in to Walt Disney World -- n2wdw.

Wow, I didn’t realize that. You are a fan. I’ve only been to Disney World once. Had a great time. Kind of strange though that some of the rides there are a little different than Disneyland. Usually a little shorter. Pirates is a good example. I liked Epcot better but it seemed that when I went it seemed a little dated. 

I'm also a WDW fan.  My wife had to drag me the first time we went.  "You know how much this is going to cost?!"  "But all the kids friends have gone."  I ended up liking it a lot and we've been back several times.

The story of the WDW Pirates, as I understand it, is that initially WDW wasn't going to have a Pirates ride.  There was an outcry from fans, so they squeezed it in.  But apparently the only space was up against the berm that supports the railroad.  As a result, they didn't have enough a space to make the ride as long as DL's version.

On 10/14/2018 at 12:03 PM, Robot Man said:

Pirates is longer in DisneyLand?  Wow, now I've got to go there!

2 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

I'm also a WDW fan.  My wife had to drag me the first time we went.  "You know how much this is going to cost?!"  "But all the kids friends have gone."  I ended up liking it a lot and we've been back several times.

The story of the WDW Pirates, as I understand it, is that initially WDW wasn't going to have a Pirates ride.  There was an outcry from fans, so they squeezed it in.  But apparently the only space was up against the berm that supports the railroad.  As a result, they didn't have enough a space to make the ride as long as DL's version.

My story is the same.  My wife got me to go, and I got converted very fast.  I get what you say about the cost -- $100 per ticket per person per day (and I've got a family of 6).  One year we went so much we got annual tickets.  Nowadays we don't go as much as the kids are getting older.  Our tradition is to go the weekend of the Presidential election -- because that's when you need Disney the most, right?  But I'd like to go sometime before 2020.

1 hour ago, BitterOldMan said:

I wish Sandy Koufax was pitching tonight.  With everybody swinging for the fences, he would get 27 strikeouts.

Dodger Fan.jpg

Yeah, I sure would love to have Sandy on the mound but I feel pretty solid with the kid that will be there. If our bats wake up, our manager settles down and we just might take this one. I am honored to have even made it here.

That Dodgers/AEN piece is OFF THE HOOK! Never seen it. Being a MAD collector and die hard Dodger fan it is so killer!