• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Son of My 50 Year Junk Obsession
16 16

3,112 posts in this topic

Just a few of the great CGC board members who showed up, bought some of my junk and supported me. Thanks so much guys!

And yes, even Metamorpho sells if you price it right. 

I also had the honor of selling a guy the last issue of Mystery in Space he needed to complete his collection for half guide price!

FB98DD91-88CD-47BC-970A-1E22B66DCE58.jpeg

C24AE68E-4B29-484A-9AC2-C7E85E85F414.jpeg

025D89A8-28E9-434E-9122-F49FE2470B72.jpeg

DCEA1B50-CFED-438E-8388-F021EAA65D42.jpeg

CEA3A60D-8A17-44D9-A599-18C8D7559476.jpeg

055A0DC9-FA3C-4AC1-A2E3-532335692000.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

8BC8FF0C-D2AA-495A-93BF-9819BC123B52.jpeg

Boy, is there ever a tantalizing assortment of golden age here: Captain America 13, Fantastic 1, Powerhouse Pepper 1, great Schomburg Mystery run, Raboy Bulletman, Real Life 3, Blue Ribbon, plenty of Marvel Mystery - even a Capt. Marvel Fun Book on the bottom row!

Thanks for the report, Bob! I hope you did well at the show. (thumbsu

2 minutes ago, comicjack said:

Great report Robot as always (thumbsu

Agreed.  Made me feel like I was there, only without the jetlag and exposure to the corona virus.

1 minute ago, adamstrange said:

Agreed.  Made me feel like I was there, only without the jetlag and exposure to the corona virus.

I was thinking the same thing 

2 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Had very little time to shop since I was totally on my own yesterday. I hit a few great dealers that have fun books and also price them right. Planet 10 and Catman 23 were standouts. Grabbed some PCH that was priced very cheap just because. Hard to find any more like this. Got a great deal on this Boy Commandos classic as an upgrade. It was a giveaway price because “nobody wants them anymore” as the seller stated. I was happy to take it off his hands. And there was the for mentioned Baker book... There are always deals at any show if you look hard enough.

C9C4FF9D-3E0A-49AB-AB8F-2B0851166EAD.jpeg

Planet 10 is the star 

24 minutes ago, PopKulture said:

Boy, is there ever a tantalizing assortment of golden age here: Captain America 13, Fantastic 1, Powerhouse Pepper 1, great Schomburg Mystery run, Raboy Bulletman, Real Life 3, Blue Ribbon, plenty of Marvel Mystery - even a Capt. Marvel Fun Book on the bottom row!

Thanks for the report, Bob! I hope you did well at the show. (thumbsu

I did great. I still haven’t counted my tally but got a ton of room in my boxes now. There is a huge market for cool GA/SA that is priced right. 

Yeah, Terry always brings the goods. Sadly, I just didn’t have the time to check out his incredible inventory yesterday.

12 minutes ago, woowoo said:

@TerrysComics Been doing this for a long time. I got some 1973 San Diego pictures you might like to see.

Terry stoud 1.jpg

Terry stoud 2.jpg

Terry stoud.jpg

Wow! Great photos. Seems so long ago when we were that young. Stroud was in  attendance yesterday. Great so many of us are still there loving the medium. Thanks for posting those!

6 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Wow! Great photos. Seems so long ago when we were that young. Stroud was in  attendance yesterday. Great so many of us are still there loving the medium. Thanks for posting those!

I will second that, and great report rob...thank you

Edited by Mmehdy

19 minutes ago, woowoo said:

@TerrysComics Been doing this for a long time. I got some 1973 San Diego pictures you might like to see.

Terry stoud.jpg

So cool, and so painful at the same time! I can only imagine what sort of goodies are in those boxes! Man, those were great years to be collecting comics. :cloud9:

1 minute ago, PopKulture said:

So cool, and so painful at the same time! I can only imagine what sort of goodies are in those boxes! Man, those were great years to be collecting comics. :cloud9:

there is a saying..those were the days back then....especially prior to the restoration of books.....I would say 1972-4...was amazing