• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED
5 5

168 posts in this topic

On 8/1/2017 at 9:07 AM, Ricksneatstuff said:

:news::news::news::news:

On this thread I wanted to do some price drops but it was very hard to do it across the board at a straight percentage margin. I edited the prices to be slightly raised and then offered a 10% discount to get the costs down on each book to a break even level. Some people saw this as manipulation and I can see how that appears and I apologize for that.

Most of these books were priced within 10-15% of what I paid for them and to do a 10% price cut across the board would have put me under cost on some books that I did not want to take a loss on so those books were raised before the price cut but the end result was still lower than the previous price, but in some cases only by a few percent. There was no intention to deceive. Those who know me and have dealt with me here know that is not in my character. I want to apologize to anyone who was offended. 

As a result of this I will NEVER be offering percentage based discounts on my threads in the future. If a discount is to be made it will be by slashing the price, showing the old price and the new price. There are some pretty excellent books in this thread and more to be added. 

In spite of how often I post books for sale here this is NOT a business for me by any means- this is a hobby- and something that distracts me at times from running a pretty active company with lots of daily concerns. The money spent with me is reinvested back into the comic community, just like it is for most people who buy/sell/trade here. This is a great place for us and my reputation here is paramount to me.

Sincerely,

Rick

Rick's a straight shooter.  I can see how single percentages would be goofy across books with lower and higher prices.  Individual price slashes a good idea for me if/when I get around to posting sales here in future too.   

51 minutes ago, Hudson said:

It is a shame you have to even write something like this, Rick.

Anyone who knows you or who has purchased books from you knows you are honest, fair, and a great guy to do business with.  

I have personally purchased from you and I have never been disappointed.   You were easy to work with and you are a great asset to these boards.   

+1 what Hudson said

On 8/1/2017 at 5:26 PM, Ricksneatstuff said:

Action Comics 252- CGC 4.0- OW- $1750

90- Day Average $1620. I think this one presents better than most 4.0 copies with great color. Sold as 5.0 raw by famous comic dealer.

SKM_C25817073118000 (1).jpg

SKM_C25817073118001 (1).jpg

Famous comic dealer???

Don't leave us hanging....:cry:

1 hour ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

Had two in the last year. Both have moved on. 

Bottom line; when I sell a book that is $3k or more people should buy it because it will have a 30-40% jump within 3 months of my selling it. lol 

Yes sir hahaha you're infamous for that. And everyone I want to attest to this mans character.  I've had dinner with rick a couple months back when he came to LA.  Like two awesome nerds we chatted all night about comic books over dinner.  Rick is one of the nicest people in this hobby. I've met enough crappy people, collectors, dealers, liars, scammers. This guy loves the hobby and everything it stands for. I've purchased many high value books from him and will continue to buy. One of the true bright spots on these boards.  Also the easiest person I've ever met in this hobby to deal with. Thank you for being awesome Rick.......

2 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

All you guys outpouring of good vibes makes me feel 

IMG_6222.JPG

That's cause you ARE good...... you've always been first class to me...GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 8:49 AM, Ricksneatstuff said:

Wonderworld Comics 13- CGC 9.4- WHITE Pages- Church (Mile High) copy- SOLD VIA PM!

Time Payment is an option with 20% non-refundable deposit and 4 equal payments over 4 months.

Partial trades will be considered. The book is gorgeous. I believe this was a good value purchase at the Berk auction and it is less about profiting on it than other buying opportunities I need to partake in. 

IMG_6195.PNG.1a18655af73fe63b089e713fa66baa2c.PNGIMG_6159.thumb.JPG.049f68ce4f1b021ab12003dc6e0b2310.JPGIMG_6194.thumb.JPG.6de157eb3b95c1a9a3625442ff88bc78.JPG

I sure missed the boat on this one.. Thought about it WAY too long.. Congrats to the buyer and seller! :( 

Edited by Bighaley21