• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Prize Thread for the 2017 Green Eggs Grading Contest
5 5

503 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, Ron C. said:

I love this contest and look forward to it each year. Please, if you can, donate something interesting or cool to this event. So, if this allowed, I will donate a third prize of a $100 PayPal credit to someone (randomly chosen by the Green Eggs guys) who did not otherwise get a prize, but still stuck out all ten rounds. 

Yeah this is one of the best community events. I've skipped the last two but still donate a prize to support it

On 8/13/2017 at 11:17 AM, DavidTheDavid said:

Yeah this is one of the best community events. I've skipped the last two but still donate a prize to support it

:applause:

1 hour ago, battlerob said:

Hello. I would like to donate this to the prize list.

Free shipping to us. $10 towards anywhere else. 

IMG_5725.JPG

Thanks!!

Excuse my ignorance, but if you were to give this picture a title, what would you call these two books?

11 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

Do we have an idea how many prizes there are.  I'll send over pictures tomorrow of the books I'll be offering up.

I counted around 52 unofficial though, I'll leave it to thirdgreenham to make it official but this is just an idea of it, with a few reserved spots that haven't been filled in...

Thanks for the prize donations so far.  More will be happily accepted up and until the start of the prize picking.  After the prizes start getting picked, I cannot allow any more prizes to be donated.

Please see the second and third posts in this thread for a current list of all the prizes donated so far.  (thumbsu

On ‎8‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 1:00 PM, trmoore54 said:

AWESOME Prize list so far...I'll also do a $100 PAYPAL which will be my Prize #1.

I will try and come up with a comic book or comic book related item (book, anthology, etc) for a Prize #2 (but my inventory cupboard is pretty bare these days...)

OK I am adding the following prizes...

Prize #2.  An absolutely gorgeous bone-white FF Annual #2 restored/trimmed top and bottom edges CGC purple label 8.5.  Cracked from slab and residing in a Mylite 2.  Comes with label.  I'll throw in with this prize FF 71 4.0 or so reader...overall nice eye appeal but has some staining/water issues.

Prize #3.  Paperback edition COMICS - A Global History 1968 to Present by Dan Mazur and Alexander Danner.  VF/NM+ range...lightly read.  I'll throw in a couple of random comics with this prize as well.  I'll try and get a scan up later today.

I'll ship these on my nickel anywhere in North America.  Elsewhere exact shipping cost less ten bucks...  Shipping will be either USPS protected envelope or box.

:headbang:

FF ANNUAL 2 CGC 8.5 (A).jpg

Edited by trmoore54