• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Prize Thread for the 2017 Green Eggs Grading Contest
5 5

503 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, SteppinRazor said:

Just FYI, this doesn't have to be a comic book piece, I can also do a fine art piece (not very good at portraits though).

sample?

24 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

Hope that prize lasts into the 30's pick.:wishluck:

You get to pick?  I thought ThirdGreenham said you and Kav were disqualified for cheating. :kidaround:

Just now, 1Cool said:

You get to pick?  I thought ThirdGreenham said you and Kav were disqualified for cheating. :kidaround:

Cheating! Who's doing that? Does it look like I'm in the top ten? We just consult each other, and come to a conclusion without data mining of course. Data mining imho would be the true cheating.

Just now, oakman29 said:

Cheating! Who's doing that? Does it look like I'm in the top ten? We just consult each other, and come to a conclusion without data mining of course. Data mining imho would be the true cheating.

Just messing with you.  I let me wife give me advice on a round and I don't consider it cheating.  But since it's two board members:

Cheating.png

How often does this contest get run?   Im really new to the whole cgc world though Ive been in comics for :censored: Years (removed to protect my age/sanity).  I will make sure that next time i have a prize to toss into the pile.   Ive just about been able to gather enough time to acutally send my guesses in (one time i even missed that)..    Super fun contest.. and though I wont come even close to the top :roflmao:hopefully ive learned something and had lots of fun .. and been quite surprised on several of these books.. ufh... 

Great contest again.  Thank you ThirdGreenHam and Sckao.  This is my 2nd year and learned a lot since my rookie season last year.  It has been frustrating at times but always fun.   I donated my time via comic pressing in the past and it has been fun getting to know board members so I am offering up my services again:

PRIZE A: Free comic book pressing on 7 modern books (average pressing cost is $12 to $15).  Free pre-screening by email.  Winner to pay for shipping including return shipping.   Please allow 2-4 weeks.  Bonus 20% off CGC modern grading fee if winner chooses to have books shipped to and graded by CGC.  USA only except if winner decides to have CGC grade books and have CGC ship back to them.  Winner must coordinate with CGC for international shipping rates.  Estimated value: $84 to $133.

Past winners in the past include the Amazing Toro: can grade though plastic and cardboard.  Toro has kindly agreed to endorse this prize.

comicpressmachinepic.jpg

PRIZE B: Free comic book pressing on 4 modern books (average pressing cost is $12 to $15).  Free pre-screening by email.  Winner to pay for shipping including return shipping.   Please allow 2-4 weeks.  Bonus 20% off CGC modern grading fee if winner chooses to have books shipped to and graded by CGC.  USA only except if winner decides to have CGC grade books and have CGC ship back to them.  Winner must coordinate with CGC for international shipping rates.  Estimated value: $50 to $80.

Past winners in the past include the Amazing Toro: can grade though plastic and cardboard.   Toro has kindly agreed to endorse this prize.

comicpressmachinepic.jpg

Edited by spidermanbeyond

2 hours ago, oakman29 said:

Frankly, my 7 year old is a better grader than kav.:roflmao:

How about this-ketchup and mustard in the same bottle!