• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What else do you collect??
18 18

1,547 posts in this topic

On 1/14/2024 at 8:09 AM, Jayman said:

Before comics, Waaay long ago, I was a coin and stamp collector. I was recently going through some old bins and came across these. Most likely the last stamps that caught my collecting eye, but pretty cool nonetheless!

IMG_2914.jpeg

I remember these stamps were issued during 2006 SDCC.  Seeing the line at SDCC was very long, I went to the post office a few blocks away and was practically the only patron.

On 1/14/2024 at 4:20 PM, BitterOldMan said:

I remember these stamps were issued during 2006 SDCC.  Seeing the line at SDCC was very long, I went to the post office a few blocks away and was practically the only patron.

I quite honestly forgot I even had them. It was a pleasant surprise to find these again! (thumbsu

On 1/14/2024 at 4:20 PM, BitterOldMan said:

39 cents, soon you will need two of these to mail a letter👍

On 1/13/2024 at 10:19 PM, batman_fan said:

I dabble in the toy space for certain items. Two recent wins. 

Screenshot 2024-01-13 at 4.11.26 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-01-13 at 5.58.25 PM.png

I used to have a metal bank that you could wind up, and a creepy hand would come out and take the change that you had set on top of it. I left it at school at the end of my second-grade year and never got it back. Seeing old wind-up toys always depresses me a little because I'm reminded of my long-lost bank. :( (It was already old when I had it because I had gotten it from an older relative; it probably dated to the mid 60s.)

Edited by jimbo_7071

On 1/22/2024 at 8:56 AM, Jayman said:

Was it this one? My aunt got this for me at a rummage sale when I was about 12. I still have it and now my grandkids play with it when they come over.IMG_2952.thumb.jpeg.f695d6264747ccd0654e738fe73c300f.jpegIMG_2950.thumb.jpeg.9ea250dbf4cb5ca2bb545badbac312bb.jpeg

It was similar, but I don't remember it having a skull or a piece of cloth on it. I've seen similar ones on e-Bay, too, but they all look a little different from what I remember. I'm sure quite a few different versions/knock-offs were made. (It could also be that my memory is faulty; it has been a while!)

Edited by jimbo_7071

On 1/14/2024 at 10:31 PM, Ameri said:

1966 tees. Vintage chocolate stain on the Thor shirt :nyah:  

p5123829.jpg

p6274155bright.jpg

I had the whole set a one time and gave them away i remember the smell of fresh printed ink (thumbsu

I have bout 20 of each the marvel and the DC stamps sets.  Have one of each framed and on display in my office

I started collecting coins in the early 60's when you could still occasionally find mercury dimes and even Indian head pennies in change