• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL 3 (2020)
7 7

864 posts in this topic

Well, I saw it and it was good.  

If this one doesn't do well, that is the sure sign Marvel has peaked.  Ant Man you could kind of write off since it was bad.  But not this.  If people don't turn out, it's because they just aren't that interested in Marvel movies anymore.  

On 5/13/2023 at 8:05 PM, Axelrod said:

If this one doesn't do well, that is the sure sign Marvel has peaked.  Ant Man you could kind of write off since it was bad.  But not this.  If people don't turn out, it's because they just aren't that interested in Marvel movies anymore.  

I'm glad you thought it was good though, I skipped Ant-Man mostly too

On 5/13/2023 at 6:50 PM, drotto said:

Also, and this may not be original...

Reveal hidden contents

When Groot says, "I love you."  That is Gunn saying goodbye and expressing his feeling for this cast. It is a heartfelt self insert, and for once I liked the self insert.

Spoiler

I just thought this was meant to show the audience what the Guardians "hear" when Groot speaks, once you can understand him.  I do like the idea it is also Gunn's personal message to his cast though.

Edited by Axelrod

Saw it yesterday and thought it was ok.  I actually thought Rockets flash back scenes were the best part of the movie.  I'm getting real tired of 

Spoiler

not killing off the bad guy but killing off like 20,000 of the bad guys' goons.  

I also felt it was really dumb that we know the bad guy is obsessed 

Spoiler

with Rocket so lets have him be by himself when we're near the bad guy.

Overall I thought it was ok and the best MCU film since the last Spiderman. 

On 5/14/2023 at 8:29 AM, media_junkie said:

Wow, if it sticks the landing and only has a 50% drop that is excellent for a super-hero movie.

Shows what a good movie will do. Still think that the Marvels will be lucky to clear $600.

On 5/13/2023 at 8:05 PM, Axelrod said:

I have no interest in seeing another Marvel movie, at least for multiple years. I don't care how good it is, how hyped the word of mouth is...I'm just totally burned out on their content.

The good news is, I think I am in the (possibly extreme) minority. A good Marvel movie should still draw really well. They just can't skate on the name anymore and think a mediocrity will hit a billion.

On 5/14/2023 at 8:51 AM, october said:

I have no interest in seeing another Marvel movie, at least for multiple years. I don't care how good it is, how hyped the word of mouth is...I'm just totally burned out on their content.

The good news is, I think I am in the (possibly extreme) minority. A good Marvel movie should still draw really well. They just can't skate on the name anymore and think a mediocrity will hit a billion.

I was in the same boat, but am tempted to see this one. The only thing holding me back is the animal torture. Not sure I can or am willing to sit through that.

On 5/14/2023 at 9:55 AM, D84 said:

I was in the same boat, but am tempted to see this one. The only thing holding me back is the animal torture. Not sure I can or am willing to sit through that.

The animal torture is being slightly exaggerated in my oppinion.  It comes across more like a horror movie than realistic animal torture.  Still may be too intense for kids.  My wife was OK with it, and she is very sensative to animals being hurt.

On 5/14/2023 at 9:50 AM, drotto said:

Shows what a good movie will do. Still think that the Marvels will be lucky to clear $600.

One thing about that Marvels trailer is that it did make me want to finally sit down and watch Ms. Marvel.

Was that any good?  She seems like a likable character. 

On 5/14/2023 at 6:50 AM, drotto said:

anything less than $640M and it will set a new MCU record of sequel BO below its predecessor (BP:WF $491M less than BP)

Edited by paperheart

On 5/14/2023 at 3:14 PM, drotto said:

The animal torture is being slightly exaggerated in my oppinion.  It comes across more like a horror movie than realistic animal torture.  Still may be too intense for kids.  My wife was OK with it, and she is very sensative to animals being hurt.

1. Spoiler

At least it all works out well in the end, with a great rescue scene.

On 5/14/2023 at 10:18 AM, Buzzetta said:

One thing about that Marvels trailer is that it did make me want to finally sit down and watch Ms. Marvel.

Was that any good?  She seems like a likable character. 

I thought the trailer made the movie look cheap.  The alien moon scene looked like Dr Who level effects, costumes, and scenery. Plus, that silly teenage style humor is just getting really old, and I am not the market.

On 5/14/2023 at 10:54 AM, paperheart said:

With Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 repping the best second weekend hold for a Marvel Cinematic Universe title post-pandemic at -49% with $60M+

again, forget post-pandemic, this will be 4th best 2nd weekend hold of any MCU movie: >$750M assured, could hit $800M

There is a lot of positive word of mouth on this movie and while gauging Yahoo comments which is the cesspool of jumping on the hate bandwagon, even many there are conceding that this movie was a fun finale to Gunn's trilogy.