• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL 3 (2020)
7 7

864 posts in this topic

On 5/16/2023 at 9:36 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

???

There have been plenty.

I know you liked the Synder cuts of some of those movies, but I never found them as entertaining as most of the MCU, pre Endgame. 

Man of Steel and Wonder Wolman had some good things going for them, though. 

On 5/16/2023 at 10:04 AM, Comics4All said:

I know you liked the Synder cuts of some of those movies, but I never found them as entertaining as most of the MCU, pre Endgame. 

Man of Steel and Wonder Wolman had some good things going for them, though.

Most people liked most of the DC movies post-TDKR. (shrug)

On 5/16/2023 at 9:25 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Most people liked most of the DC movies post-TDKR. (shrug)

I can't stand The Dark Knight Rises. Even Suicide Squad was better than that self indulgent, boring, drivel.

On 5/17/2023 at 4:54 AM, justafan said:

I just saw it for the 2nd time, this time with my kids.  The first time I didn't like it very much because I felt that some of the music wasn't a  good fit for some scenes and often felt shoehorned in.  The usage of some of the characters and long flashbacks seemed to make the movie more disjointed.  The premise and flaws of the villain seemed too convenient and a stretch.  However, upon watching it the second time I found myself really appreciating the music choices, I gained a better understanding (interpretation) of some of the poor character usages as an inside joke nod for what fans themselves have complained about, and the flashbacks didn't bother me as much.  I did gain a better understanding for some of the scenes that my mind was too busy trying to absorb with all the fantastic imagery and action the first time around.  It still hit both my wife and I in the feels even the second time around.  My kids loved it and enjoyed some good laughs, got grossed out in some scenes, and got sad in others.

Overall a very good final Guardians of the Galaxy movie.

That’s a reason I’m considering getting the Blu-ray, as I feel I’ll pick up more of the finer details second or third time around. A very long film, and I can’t stay that focused in one go.

On 5/18/2023 at 12:47 PM, TupennyConan said:

The best part of this popcorn flick was the High Evolutionary calling humanity bigots.

THAT was the best part? Really? 

On 5/18/2023 at 11:47 AM, TupennyConan said:

The best part of this popcorn flick was the High Evolutionary calling humanity bigots.

the High Evolutionary was my least favorite part of the film. He was very over-the-top 

On 5/19/2023 at 10:40 AM, Artboy99 said:

the High Evolutionary was my least favorite part of the film. He was very over-the-top 

Agreed.

On 5/19/2023 at 10:40 AM, Artboy99 said:

I liked him because it showed his obsession with having to be the smartest. His empire failed because he couldn't get over the fact that a Raccoon was smarter than him. 

Edited by thegiftedone45

On 5/19/2023 at 10:48 AM, thegiftedone45 said:

I liked him because it showed his obsession with having to be the smartest. His empire failed because he couldn't get over the fact that a Raccoon was smarter than him. 

I agree, that is likeable. However, I see that as a function of the -script. It is the mustache-twirling performance that's poor.  

On 5/19/2023 at 4:05 PM, ExNihilo said:

I think Warlock being shoehorned into the film edges out High Evolutionary as least favorite for me.

did not care for Warlock either, seemed like he was a child.