• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL 3 (2020)
7 7

864 posts in this topic

On 5/19/2023 at 10:40 PM, jjfversion1 said:

Have to disagree with all the High Evolutionary hate. I thought he was one of the better comic movie villains in a long time and the over the top acting was great.

His fake crying during that one heart wrenching scene was icing on the cake of a true dirt bag villain. I loved it.

i agree with you! i found him very compelling in general. more than Jonathan Majors who played Kang in the Loki series (and later in quantumania). I don't envy Marvel in trying to come up with the next great villain post-Thanos. 

On 5/20/2023 at 7:13 AM, alexgross.com said:

i agree with you! i found him very compelling in general. more than Jonathan Majors who played Kang in the Loki series (and later in quantumania). I don't envy Marvel in trying to come up with the next great villain post-Thanos. 

They have a couple of Aces still left in their sleeve (Doom and Magneto). I would have liked to have seen Galactus be a Thanos-level threat, but if rumors are true, he could be a one and done villain in the next FF movie.

On 5/19/2023 at 5:39 PM, Artboy99 said:

did not care for Warlock either, seemed like he was a child.

That was kind of the point and his “mother” said as much in the scene where the High Evolutionary slammed him against the wall. He was taken out of his cocoon too early…he was a premature baby

On 5/20/2023 at 11:43 AM, AGGIEZ said:

That was kind of the point and his “mother” said as much in the scene where the High Evolutionary slammed him against the wall. He was taken out of his cocoon too early…he was a premature baby

yeah, and I did not like it especially after reading a Warlock comic written by Starlin.

On 5/20/2023 at 8:24 PM, Zonker said:

Patience!  Before there was Starlin's Warlock, there was the Kirby/Lee "Him."  Helpless and somewhat childlike while still in the cocoon:

Him1.thumb.jpeg.48434673e0b45d105734f2b53b8d3117.jpeg

When he emerged, he didn't act much like a premature baby, but did refer to himself as a child.  There may be more to this arc than what is seen in his first MCU appearance.  :wishluck:

Him2.thumb.jpeg.5c67cd3d840ad43db87c03597c79d18f.jpeg

Further on down the line, interesting to see if we get The Magus.

On 5/21/2023 at 9:08 AM, Bosco685 said:

I don't follow box office numbers but this is a win right?  What were the original projections?  And what was the estimated cost/distribution/marketing?  I know Marvel movies have struggled of late, but this movie was too good so I'm hoping it's a box office success (in addition to a critical success).

On 5/22/2023 at 6:19 PM, ExNihilo said:

I don't follow box office numbers but this is a win right?  What were the original projections?  And what was the estimated cost/distribution/marketing?  I know Marvel movies have struggled of late, but this movie was too good so I'm hoping it's a box office success (in addition to a critical success).

It's performing much stronger than Ant-Man 3 for sure.

MCU_Phase5.thumb.PNG.357283f07c3d7f14eba7595eb3c96014.PNG

On 5/17/2023 at 3:05 PM, paperheart said:

buried in China by opening day of F&F 10, does that happen in US? Other Int'l?

image.png.369744570e11d522dd2bbcc256f861d0.png

That's just sad.  F&F10 was just stoopid.  I can't believe I was convinced to go see it on my birthday.  Most ridiculous action movie with the weakest plot and dialogue.  I'm not even sure the cars in most of the scenes were real and how much wasn't just CGI.

On 5/23/2023 at 1:35 PM, justafan said:

That's just sad.  F&F10 was just stoopid.  I can't believe I was convinced to go see it on my birthday.  Most ridiculous action movie with the weakest plot and dialogue.  I'm not even sure the cars in most of the scenes were real and how much wasn't just CGI.

lol Happy Birthday :cheers:

I agree on how unrealistic it was, I thought it was fun, but I definitely understand your view :) 

On 5/23/2023 at 2:35 PM, justafan said:

But the Fast films kill it internationally.  I think it is geared more to that market.

On 5/19/2023 at 6:05 PM, ExNihilo said:

I think Warlock being shoehorned into the film edges out High Evolutionary as least favorite for me.

Just saw it last night.  I would imagine for big Warlock fans it was a huge let down.  But most comic fans knew that they weren't going to be able to do Warlock right after the Vision stole most of his thunder (in terms of having an Infinity Stone in his head) and Thanos is already gone.  Warlock was the only thing that pulled me out of the narrative. There were several chances for Gunn to pull him into the group (grieving the murder of his mom being the biggest softball) but he never really took those chances.

Overall, I really, really liked it.  My favorite Marvel movie since Shang-Chi.  It was a great ending to a great series of movies.