• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL 3 (2020)
7 7

864 posts in this topic

On 10/9/2021 at 6:01 PM, WeR138 said:

:facepalm:

confirmed

As you guys know I often strike down false rumors, so… um… Welcome to the Guardians family, Will Poulter. He’s an amazing actor and wonderful guy. See you in a couple weeks. #AdamWarlock #GotGVol3

Edited by paperheart

From Deadline:

‘Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 3’: Will Poulter To Play Adam Warlock In Next Installment Of Marvel Franchise

willpoulter.thumb.JPG.667791a765ead24a7746bb90c8d6bc8d.JPG

Wow. Did not see that coming. I was really thinking Gunn and Marvel would go with some typical "handsome-type" actor like that Alex Skarsgard or somebody equally boring. An interesting choice. He's a good actor. He must have went well with gold make-up and glowing eyes in the try-outs I imagine. Maybe more important, can he pull off a good Magus?

Edited by @therealsilvermane

On 10/11/2021 at 6:06 PM, paperheart said:

confirmed

As you guys know I often strike down false rumors, so… um… Welcome to the Guardians family, Will Poulter. He’s an amazing actor and wonderful guy. See you in a couple weeks. #AdamWarlock #GotGVol3

I cannot unsee Eustace Scrubb.  Don't get me wrong, I thought he did fine in that movie, but it's going to take a lot of doing to go from Scrubb to Warlock for me.

On 10/11/2021 at 7:33 PM, @therealsilvermane said:

As an official Adam Warlock super-fan since my childhood, I'm good with it. Bring on GOTG3.

A super-fan? Wow. Does that come with a decoder ring?

:baiting:

I have a feeling he is going to surprise folks. He's not the kid in Where The Millers nowadays.

On 10/11/2021 at 7:10 PM, Bosco685 said:

I have a feeling he is going to surprise folks. He's not the kid in Where The Millers nowadays.

My first reaction was "WTF".  I keep seeing the dorky kid character.  But the casting in Marvel movies have been superb so far.

***Looking forward to see how he'll look on screen

On 10/11/2021 at 8:10 PM, Bosco685 said:

A super-fan? Wow. Does that come with a decoder ring?

:baiting:

Fan enough to know He never had a decoder ring. I always had a thing for Marvel’s weird all-powerful philosophical Frankenstein heroes along with Vision and Silver Surfer who were kind of all a variant of the same guy.

On 10/11/2021 at 8:20 PM, @therealsilvermane said:

Fan enough to know He never had a decoder ring. I always had a weird thing for Marvel’s weird all-powerful philosophical Frankenstein heroes along with Vision and Silver Surfer who were kind of all a variant of the same guy.

You really responded to that kidding seriously? (:

I've been holding on to all my Adam Warlock comics for decades. Though I never had to declare 'super-fanship' to appreciate this character. But I have certainly been a fan of all the early stories.

Edited by Bosco685

On 10/11/2021 at 8:27 PM, Bosco685 said:

You really responded to that kidding seriously? (:

I've been holding on to all my Adam Warlock comics for decades. Though I never had to declare 'super-fanship' to appreciate this character. But I have certainly been a fan of all the early stories.

Yeah, I was a super-fan.

This book my introduction to the guy. I guess this is how a lot of people discovered Warlock while we were discovering the Silver Surfer.

fantasy_masterpieces_8_1980_ad_1623236149_06183e59_progressive.jpg.8292e89a446a255d55e19378388f0310.jpg

On 10/11/2021 at 10:51 PM, AGGIEZ said:

Same… :banana:

Spoiler

1301DD22-853D-4C0F-A6BC-B08874E91D0E.jpeg

I picked these up for $15/each years ago on here and was shocked more people didn't pounced on them in advance.

Strange_Tales01.JPG.8342e36c00d9a25e4ef0de5dd0d1ac85.JPG

Some of the greatest comic book storytelling. And no. I didn't need a Silver Surfer story to pull me into being addicted.

On 10/12/2021 at 8:02 AM, Bosco685 said:

Some of the greatest comic book storytelling. And no. I didn't need a Silver Surfer story to pull me into being addicted.

Strange Tales #178-181, Warlock #9-11, Avengers Annual #7, and Marvel Two-in-One Annual #2 make up some of the best post-60's Marvel Comics storytelling ever. The early Jim Starlin story arc of Adam Warlock vs Magus and Thanos with a Soul Stone in the middle of it all.

As far as discovering Adam Warlock, I was too young to discover those Strange Tales comics, but old enough in the 80's to find these Fantasy Masterpieces Lee Surfer reprints around with the interesting "back story" character before Warlock made a comeback in the 90's Infinity Gauntlet. Before the days of trade paperbacks and Marvel Unlimited, that's how many of us were introduced to older characters and older stories, reprints series like Fantasy Masterpieces and Marvel Tales.