• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL 3 (2020)
7 7

864 posts in this topic

My first thought is this is akin to Jerry Lewis or Jim Carrey playing Warlock.:$

How on earth he's going to capture Starlin's Warlock/Magus saga is beyond me.

I get that Guardians are the bad news bears jokesters of Marvel, but Warlock???

Edited by bronze_rules

On 10/12/2021 at 10:30 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

Yes and no.  Physically I see your point but for me 28 I was still not even close.  IMO a Mens prime if they actually try is 30-49.  Most girls want Brat Pitt at 38 over 28.  

I hope he does well, I just was hoping for a more of Chris Hemsworth kind of actor though.  We shall see......

Regarding physical fitness, the male 'prime' is typically somewhere from 25-40. It's somewhat common to be closer to 20-35. It's an extreme outlier to be before 20 or after 40.

Females are prone to appreciate a mature male face, though, which is why older Brad Pitt with facial hair is desirable to them. It's irrespective of a man's physical 'prime'.

On 10/12/2021 at 10:30 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

more of Chris Hemsworth kind of actor though. 

This was never in the cards. The cards have been dealt. They converted Mar-vell into Annette Bening. There will never be another hunky blonde male leading man in the MCU. In fact, Hemsworth himself has been shamed by the cards into Party Thor.

On 10/12/2021 at 5:16 PM, TupennyConan said:

1. Disney had to avoid the issue of one more blonde male hero. We all know this. It's a law. 

2. It seems they did so [attempted to do so] by hiring an offbeat character actor, even a very tall & blonde one. 

3. Warlock is ultra emo. Disney needed an actor. I believe this chap can act.

4. Actors are expected to act; that is, to render performances of characters divergent both from themselves & their previous characters. Michael Keaton?  

5. My initial reaction was horror. I too am a Warlock fan. I'm an Adam Warlock fanboy.

6. I am processing this casting & doing so intellectually, aesthetically, emotionally, & from a business point of view.

7. Young is good if Marvel wants AM around for another decade or two. RDJ, ScarJo, Samuel Jackson, & that Mark Ruffles Chips dude are too old for this krapp. 

8. AM isn't a leading man type & shouldn't be. He is an insane, super emo cosmic nutjob. He's an oddball. This casting seems correct. 

9. AM is finally entering the MCU!

10. All will be well. I know this because no one has yet recommended he start bulking-up. We've matured a bit as a fandom.    

I couldn't care less about this casting.  I just thought the above bolded comment was funny.  

I hope the MCU doesn't catch on and actually start casting people for their acting ability. 

At 5'7 and 230lbs I want to play Wolverine. Granted it would be Sam Kieths Wolverine, but hey, I would absolutely love to do it

On 10/13/2021 at 7:57 AM, Dr. Dank said:

I hope the MCU doesn't catch on and actually start casting people for their acting ability. 

At 5'7 and 230lbs I want to play Wolverine. Granted it would be Sam Kieths Wolverine, but hey, I would absolutely love to do it

I gather that 230 lbs is all muscle weight?

On 10/12/2021 at 4:00 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

Warkock to me is not a young character.  Needs to be played by someone in their 30/40's.  

Kid Warlock?  rantrant

Time unload all related Warlock issues, this hiring sucks!  

Screen Shot 2021-10-12 at 1.58.01 PM.png

He's the perfect Human...Warlock don't crack. Maybe he's 60? 

On 10/13/2021 at 7:34 AM, TupennyConan said:

This was never in the cards. The cards have been dealt. They converted Mar-vell into Annette Bening. There will never be another hunky blonde male leading man in the MCU. In fact, Hemsworth himself has been shamed by the cards into Party Thor.

Really, there aren't that many hunky blonde Aryan-type male heroes in Marvel Comics anyway besides Steve Rogers and Thor. Sentry is the only other guy that comes to mind. Marvel Comics has always been more about the underdogs, nerds, and scientists as far as leading male heroes go like Peter Parker, Reed Richards, Henry Pym, Bruce Banner, Stephen Strange, Tony Stark, Professor X.

As far as Mar-Vell goes, he was an obsolete character who's been dead since 1981. Of course, Marvel could have made Mar-Vell a male in the movie, but I think it made more sense for a Kree female Mar-Vell to put her trust in a female Terran back in that day and age of the late 80's. It might have been a weird dynamic for a male Mar-Vell to take Carol under his wing back when female military members were marginalized. In that sense, the MCU Yonn-Rogg kind of took part of the role of the original Mar-Vell from those early Captain Marvel stories as a comrade to Carol.

Edited by @therealsilvermane

On 10/12/2021 at 5:16 PM, TupennyConan said:

7. Young is good if Marvel wants AM around for another decade or two. RDJ, ScarJo, Samuel Jackson, & that Mark Ruffles Chips dude are too old for this krapp. 

8. AM isn't a leading man type & shouldn't be. He is an insane, super emo cosmic nutjob. He's an oddball. This casting seems correct. 

9. AM is finally entering the MCU!

AM is a weird typo. 

On 10/13/2021 at 1:25 PM, @therealsilvermane said:

Really, there aren't that many hunky blonde Aryan-type male heroes in Marvel Comics anyway besides Steve Rogers and Thor. Sentry is the only other guy that comes to mind. Marvel Comics has always been more about the underdogs, nerds, and scientists as far as leading male heroes go like Peter Parker, Reed Richards, Henry Pym, Bruce Banner, Stephen Strange, Tony Stark, Professor X.

As far as Mar-Vell goes, he was an obsolete character who's been dead since 1981. Of course, Marvel could have made Mar-Vell a male in the movie, but I think it made more sense for a Kree female Mar-Vell to put her trust in a female Terran back in that day and age of the late 80's. It might have been a weird dynamic for a male Mar-Vell to take Carol under his wing back when female military members were marginalized. In that sense, the MCU Yonn-Rogg kind of took part of the role of the original Mar-Vell from those early Captain Marvel stories as a comrade to Carol.

Ikaris?

On 10/13/2021 at 1:25 PM, @therealsilvermane said:

Really, there aren't that many hunky blonde Aryan-type male heroes in Marvel Comics anyway besides Steve Rogers and Thor. Sentry is the only other guy that comes to mind.

Sentry for sure

7773743-sentry5.jpg.e9f19a12129652322132108e74f5a3ca.jpg

Then Quasar

7237057-32188461_282939552461541_3208543760719806464_n.jpg.b4e1ff8d59bf0158b72e8450d694b4f5.jpg

Then Hulkling

7838808-rco042_1594822603.jpg.67366ebcd490778410d7f39695c1aae6.jpg

Then Marvelman since this is Marvel

1409626-79_marvelman_family_s_finest_6.jpg.f8c35414f27a1057f6c7e0acffe469c7.jpg

Heck even Super-Soldier if they do that Amalgam crossover

806882-x1.jpg.d3b93acdbbc7fa35bed93bcd369d94a6.jpg

Edited by Bosco685