• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL 3 (2020)
7 7

864 posts in this topic

On 10/15/2021 at 7:20 AM, TupennyConan said:

If the MCU can erase all blonde err Aryan hair, it'll succeed.

Hang in there. This is the MCU.

Sue Storm will turn out to be a male Norwegian that was wronged by Stark Industries and she will initially show up for her revenge.

When asked if there were any other roles or characters, aside from the recently announced Will Poulter as Adam Warlock, planned for the third Guardians of the Galaxy film, Gunn answered, "Dozens of roles have been cast in #GotGVol3"

On 10/24/2021 at 10:42 AM, Wolverinex said:

He has been incredible on Hulu's Dopesick all the way through. Especially as a salesman that comes to realize the damage he is doing to the communities he services. Yet continues to sell, as conflicted as his character is.

Dopesick Episode 5 is so emotional and intense.

But also Will Poulter gets a good amount of screen time. I truly believe he is going to blow people away. And also he has one scene shirtless. No more skinny kid with a crewcut.

On 10/27/2021 at 6:21 PM, Bosco685 said:

Dopesick Episode 5 is so emotional and intense.

But also Will Poulter gets a good amount of screen time. I truly believe he is going to blow people away. And also he has one scene shirtless. No more skinny kid with a crewcut.

Is there a Dopesick thread? If not, why not? I think it's one of my favorite things I've seen this year. After watching, it's safe to say Poulter is going to crush the role of Adam Warlock and he definitely got the look down by the time he was filming this show. That Michael Keaton guy they have is pretty decent too someone should tap him for a comic book movie role :idea: 

On 11/11/2021 at 11:52 AM, AJLewandoski said:

Is there a Dopesick thread? If not, why not? I think it's one of my favorite things I've seen this year. After watching, it's safe to say Poulter is going to crush the role of Adam Warlock and he definitely got the look down by the time he was filming this show. That Michael Keaton guy they have is pretty decent too someone should tap him for a comic book movie role :idea: 

You are not kidding though when it comes to how outstanding Dopesick is as a show.

As I have been watching the show I have gone back to read up on the history, such as Purdue tampering with the graphs so the shift in addiction rates softened out: that all took place. It was incredible that the FDA had no idea (or didn't want to know).

On 11/15/2021 at 8:45 AM, Bosco685 said:

I don't understand Gunn's obsession with Stallone.  I could be wrong but I vaguely remember hearing that Gunn fought for Stallone being in GOTG 2.  Sly is 25-30 years past an acting prime and now he's just skin glued onto bone.  Zero clue as to why he's still relevant.

Edited by sagekilz

On 11/15/2021 at 3:20 PM, sagekilz said:

I don't understand Gunn's obsession with Stallone.  I could be wrong but I vaguely remember hearing that Gun fought for Stallone being in GOTG 2.  Sly is 25-30 years past an acting prime and now he's just skin glued onto bone.  Zero clue as to why he's still relevant.

Maybe Stallone is simply the perfect fit for his character? While I knew about GotG prior to the movie, I never read any of the comics.

On 11/15/2021 at 11:20 PM, sagekilz said:

I don't understand Gunn's obsession with Stallone.  I could be wrong but I vaguely remember hearing that Gun fought for Stallone being in GOTG 2.  Sly is 25-30 years past an acting prime and now he's just skin glued onto bone.  Zero clue as to why he's still relevant.

Not sure actors have a prime time like athletes. There are many actors in their 50’s and 60’s that have given the best performances of their career. Granted, Stallones not one of them but he’s still a pop culture icon.

After The Walt Disney Company absorbed 20th Century Fox you might think that Marvel Studios would have free reign to do anything they want with the characters that have appeared in their decades worth of comics, except for Spider-Man which is still over at Sony. Sadly that is not that case as Guardians of the Galaxy writer/director James Gunn has confirmed at least two characters that he wants to put in the MCU but legally cannot. As he's said before many, many times, Gunn was asked on Twitter about the possibility of using the character Rom Spaceknight in one of his Guardians movies, sadly, despite the fact that he'd love to, he cant.

In response, Gunn tweeted: "Alas I cannot as Marvel no longer holds the rights to Rom – just to some other Spaceknights and parts of the story created in the comics – otherwise, believe you me, ol' toaster head would probably be in the Guardians by now." A follow-up tweet from Gunn also confirmed that the Marvel character Bug, another fan-favorite that at one point was part of the Guardians of the Galaxy in the comics, can't be on the team since his legal standing is complicated as well (having been part of the Micronauts series originally). For those unaware, both Rom and the Micronauts are owned by Hasbro and were originally in Marvel Comics due to a licensing deal that has long expired.