• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GRADING CONTEST : ROUND 5

272 posts in this topic

Today's Wednesday. cloud9.gif

( 893scratchchin-thumb.gif maybe my wife should read these boards after all)

Christo_pull_hair.gif

I've already had my "Wednesday" for the week!

Christo_pull_hair.gif

Everyday is a wednesday for me! grin.gifacclaim.gif

You're single, right? poke2.gif

Sorry i'm taken, better luck next time! hi.gifwink.gif

thumbsup2.gif

iffy on this book, I don't like not knowing the graders notes on a book like this, for all I know there could be a used rubber in the centerfold that would up it a grade.

Ah well grade was sent

poke2.gif

Never stopped you! poke2.gif

Hey, I won the STL grading contest! acclaim.gif I am just cross-promoting my credentials. 27_laughing.gif

Plus, I think that my team did win a grading contest here once upon a time. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Never stopped you! poke2.gif

Hey, I won the STL grading contest! acclaim.gif I am just cross-promoting my credentials. 27_laughing.gif

Plus, I think that my team did win a grading contest here once upon a time. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

You're more like a cross-dresser to us. flowerred.gif

iffy on this book, I don't like not knowing the graders notes on a book like this, for all I know there could be a used rubber in the centerfold that would up it a grade.

Ah well grade was sent

Could you call for the graders' notes? flowerred.gif893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Notes are general wear, dirty covers, pretty much what you see on the scan flowerred.gif

gossip.gif

This round is taking too long, Nikos. You should have ended it this morning and start a new round which would end on Friday.

I agree. Three rounds a week I say gossip.gif

My suggestion for the contest schedule:

823540-contestschedule.JPG

It means less time for me to respond and get ready, but Im Okay with it. If you can get all 75 players on the same page about 3 rounds per week we can start doing it next week starting Round 7.

You mean have to concern myself with 74 other players. Screw that. Let 'em fend for themselves. sumo.gif

It doesnt really matter to me although it seems like its Nikos contest and he made the foundation for this contest.I say go with the way it started! Because somebody will miss the new change and here we go again!

Davidking623

Down to 21 players left, we will start picking up the pace in the contest next week starting with Round 7.

Monday, Wednesday and Friday we will begin a new round

If anyone has a problem with this speak now or forever hold your peace smile.gif

Down to 21 players left, we will start picking up the pace in the contest next week starting with Round 7.

If anyone has a problem with this speak now or forever hold your peace smile.gif

I like holding my piece. insane.gif

Sounds good to me. thumbsup2.gif

lets do it! it seems to take forever for all the grades to come in. What kind of CGC Forum fanatics arent checking in here a dozen times a day like the rest of us poor lost souls? To them I say "Wake up, and give up your normal life and waste hours upon hours here too!"

Nikos - - heres an idea - - just post ALL the Rounds this weekend and blast it out! The way we usually do it is nice with round by round suspense to see who's gaining and dropping off. But seriously, how about next time we make it like a grading exam: 12 or 20 books all at once? BAM!

Works for me! hi.gif

lets do it! it seems to take forever for all the grades to come in. What kind of CGC Forum fanatics arent checking in here a dozen times a day like the rest of us poor lost souls? To them I say "Wake up, and give up your normal life and waste hours upon hours here too!"

Nikos - - heres an idea - - just post ALL the Rounds this weekend and blast it out! The way we usually do it is nice with round by round suspense to see who's gaining and dropping off. But seriously, how about next time we make it like a grading exam: 12 or 20 books all at once? BAM!

I have a hard time juggling all the multiple PMs with questions and grades coming in with only 1 book listed every 3 days crazy.gif

I have a hard time juggling all the multiple PMs with questions and grades coming in with only 1 book listed every 3 days crazy.gif

3 days a week... no questions allowed! poke2.gif

3 days a week... no questions allowed! poke2.gif

Exactly, I wouldn't answer questions. Let 'em grade the book as is. sumo.gif