• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wizard World Chicago -- August 23-26, 2018
1 1

233 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

I had a very very good day 

I could have gone over this weekend but decided all the low hanging fruit would have been picked by Saturday morning.  If guys like Greggy and Hector are buying all day Wednesday and Thursday it will be slim pickings by even Friday.  Happy hunting!

32 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

I could have gone over this weekend but decided all the low hanging fruit would have been picked by Saturday morning.  If guys like Greggy and Hector are buying all day Wednesday and Thursday it will be slim pickings by even Friday.  Happy hunting!

Theres a lot of stuff to buy. I saw what people purchased before I even showed up and still brought about 2 short boxes full.

i left a lot behind because I didn’t want to carry it and more importantly ran out of money 

7 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

Theres a lot of stuff to buy. I saw what people purchased before I even showed up and still brought about 2 short boxes full.

i left a lot behind because I didn’t want to carry it and more importantly ran out of money 

Good info.  The 6 hour drive each way is a bit too far for me to not be in during set up.  Maybe next year I'll have some extra vacation days I can burn and go check this one out again. 

45 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

This. Not sure what you collect, but there's a lot of quality GA books at the show. Prices tend to match the quality of the material, especially the high end stuff, but there's plenty of other books that aren't early Actions or Schomburg Timelys. That been said, I know someone that was looking for a GSX 1 and couldn't find a dealer with a copy at the show hm

Edited by TheWatcher
Spelling

Just now, TheWatcher said:

This. Not sure what you collect, but  there's a lot of quality GA books at the show. Prices tend to match the quality of the material, especially the high end stuff, but there's plenty of other books that aren't early Actions or Schomburg Timelys. That been said, I know someone that was looking for a GSX 1 and couldn't find a dealer with a copy at the show hm

I've got a nice complete mid-grade copy I could let go for $600 plus shipping :)

1 hour ago, jsilverjanet said:

You left stuff?!