• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GPA Analysis and Past eBay Sales No Longer Accurate, Warning!
4 4

153 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, DavidTheDavid said:
On 5/30/2018 at 2:19 PM, TheFifthHorseman said:

Why is e b a y automatically underlined on the boards?

I guess the boards have an advertising arrangement with them and are now autolinking 3bay when it's typed. I don't like it.

The boards have been getting a referral credit for many years when someone posted a link to the 'bay for a particular item.  It's only recently that the board code has switched to making every mention of eb4y a link to the site's front page.  It's literally about 10 minutes of work to correct the problem and put things back the way they were... and thus far, our collective annoyance isn't worth their 10 minutes. :sorry:

Does GPA still report on CGC graded comics only? Or do they now report on all grading companies? If the former I'm wondering if anyone has heard anything about adding that. It seems that people are justifiably concerned were incorrect prices being realized but shouldn't we be concerned with prices being omitted altogether? (Or is this a voldy-type topic that I'm not supposed to talk about?)

2 hours ago, valiantman said:

The boards have been getting a referral credit for many years when someone posted a link to the 'bay for a particular item. 

Any idea how much that is?

24 minutes ago, Kramerica said:

Does GPA still report on CGC graded comics only? Or do they now report on all grading companies? If the former I'm wondering if anyone has heard anything about adding that. It seems that people are justifiably concerned were incorrect prices being realized but shouldn't we be concerned with prices being omitted altogether? (Or is this a voldy-type topic that I'm not supposed to talk about?)

The site is called GPA Analysis for CGC Comics.  So....

34 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Any idea how much that is?

It varies... pretty standard thing, though.  Go to: http://partnernetwork.ebay.com (if the board's automatic link takes you somewhere else)

Edited by valiantman

1 hour ago, ygogolak said:
2 hours ago, Kramerica said:

gDoes GPA still report on CGC graded comics only? Or do they now report on all grading companies? If the former I'm wondering if anyone has heard anything about adding that. It seems that people are justifiably concerned were incorrect prices being realized but shouldn't we be concerned with prices being omitted altogether? (Or is this a voldy-type topic that I'm not supposed to talk about?)

And, Mods notified....., (tsk) 

Edited by lizards2
(anyone notice how naughty finger has changed? Now the finger doesn't wag, it just alternates between "FU" and "Peace"?

6 minutes ago, Kramerica said:
2 hours ago, ygogolak said:

How ignorant of me. Thanks.

I always try to cut Californicators some slack....., for they know not what they do....., 

1 hour ago, TheFifthHorseman said:

It's certainly possible to do quite well as a seller on the bay.. it's just not for me. Too many uneducated buyers not ready to pony up for a big ticket item when they see one.

All the big dogs come to the cgc boards to play.

Nothing could be further from the truth in my experience.  I sell here because I like the fellowship, not because I make more money.  I've had books sit untouched here for over two weeks that sell instantly on ebay for 25% more than I was asking here. (shrug) 

Also, I'd say it's rare for me to run into another collector that actually knows about these forums.

Edited by entalmighty1

37 minutes ago, entalmighty1 said:

I sell here because I like the fellowship.

And…., hands out of my pants.  (tsk)