• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I am lamenting the loss of our history & traditions
1 1

39 posts in this topic

Nah, not Confederate monuments.

I'm saddened that when I went to re-read parts of BangZoom's Golden Age Collection thread all the pictures had been wiped out by Photobucket.  What would be really neat is if someone who knows BangZoom or his family could ask if it would be ok if Board members paid the Photobucket fees to get those pictures back up.  I haven't heard anything about BZ in a long time, any updates? 

I recently got an invitation from him for facebook. I told him that I don't do social media and that I wish he would come back here to post. I haven't heard back from him. I have to assume that is doing better and is healthy. I sure hope so, he's a good guy!

Good title tease...

Amen to Bang's fullest recovery and I do hope he returns to the forums here to spread more pop culture goodness (as he doesn't just share comics, but pulps, hardcovers, BLB's, records!).

Remember the first time you saw his group shots?? My jaw hit the floor:

group1.jpg

Originally posted by BangZoom - removal upon request! :shy:

Edited by PopKulture

39 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

I recently got an invitation from him for facebook. I told him that I don't do social media and that I wish he would come back here to post. I haven't heard back from him. I have to assume that is doing better and is healthy. I sure hope so, he's a good guy!

Great to hear, thanks!

3 hours ago, sfcityduck said:

I'm saddened that when I went to re-read parts of BangZoom's Golden Age Collection thread all the pictures had been wiped out by Photobucket.  What would be really neat is if someone who knows BangZoom or his family could ask if it would be ok if Board members paid the Photobucket fees to get those pictures back up.  I haven't heard anything about BZ in a long time, any updates? 

I would definitely contribute. I remember reading those posts when he first posted them. Unbelievable! 

3 hours ago, sfcityduck said:

That thread is a national treasure.  What a shame that the photos are gone.

6 hours ago, PopKulture said:

Good title tease...

Amen to Bang's fullest recovery and I do hope he returns to the forums here to spread more pop culture goodness (as he doesn't just share comics, but pulps, hardcovers, BLB's, records!).

Remember the first time you saw his group shots?? My jaw hit the floor:

group1.jpg

Originally posted by BangZoom - removal upon request! :shy:

Thanks for posting this! I went back through that entire thread looking for this photo recently lol such a shame all those photo bucket pics are lost 

27 minutes ago, DarkKnightReturns said:

Thanks for posting this! I went back through that entire thread looking for this photo recently lol such a shame all those photo bucket pics are lost 

Never got a chance to read the whole BangZoom thread. Count me in for a donation to restore his PhotoBucket, and then maybe his photos can be uploaded onto a more reliable server for all those subsequent generations of GA purveyors...

I'm happy that someone mentioned this. For me, "tradition" is the key word. The vault of BangZoom is so unreal. When I first came across his thread, I was over the moon. It's one of the finest examples of the tradition of collecting I have ever seen (not "hoarding"; not buying and showing off), and what we've got are only glimpses. That man's collector's life should be worth of being documented. But one can't demand that. That's the strange thing. If BZ hadn't shown anything to the public (this forum) one wouldn't know nothing about the whole story. So why bother? Oh well, ... :x

7 hours ago, sfcityduck said:

What I went back to find was the picture that shows the cabinet in his comic room.  I remember it had his All Stars in it.  I was curious to see his AS 8.

One of the most amazing comics group  photos I have ever seen.  It still boggles the mind to look at

BZ%20%20MM_zpsflkvndhi.jpg

1 hour ago, Senormac said:

One of the most amazing comics group  photos I have ever seen.  It still boggles the mind to look at

BZ%20%20MM_zpsflkvndhi.jpg

What I love are the piles of books in what appear t be cleaners bags with no boards to the left of the display case. Man that's old school!  (thumbsu

We sure miss you Bang!