• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Three Stolen Books--Please read
6 6

313 posts in this topic

Off course. I shared this to help protect others. Please be careful on CL. I hope I get my books back but that's doubtful. But I'll make full effort to try. Thank you all for the thoughts and comments. This place is truly wonderful. And this hobby of ours is second to none. 

2 hours ago, DarkKnightReturns said:

After reading this I just deleted a craigslist posting I had going, very doubtful anyone is going to try and rob me of cheap comics but if I let them in my home and they case my place they could always come back...just not worth the b.s.

I was laughing when someone I had contacted suggested a meet up at a mall but now I kind of get it.

Glad to hear you're all good though! You never know what a desperate criminal might be willing to do! 

after the whole craigslists murder thing got pointed out everyone started scams on there, so the police made it known that if you are doing a deal use there parking lot and notify them if they can be a witness for the deal.

6 minutes ago, JcomicJ said:

after the whole craigslists murder thing got pointed out everyone started scams on there, so the police made it known that if you are doing a deal use there parking lot and notify them if they can be a witness for the deal.

Los Angeles sucks.

15 minutes ago, oakman29 said:
22 minutes ago, JcomicJ said:

Los Angeles sucks.

Californica sucks. (thumbsu

Just now, oakman29 said:
2 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

Californica sucks. (thumbsu

It really does. At least we don't have hurricanes and tornadoes .

Wildfires burneth, and the cracked and parched ground swalloweth.  Who brought the chips?

1 minute ago, oakman29 said:

:roflmao: Only in California.

we have sort of reverse hitmen over here.

Edited by kav

I can see the gangbangers scratching their heads and saying yeah, sure-we wont kill anyone-honest.  Then getting a check.

8 minutes ago, kav said:

I can see the gangbangers scratching their heads and saying yeah, sure-we wont kill anyone-honest.  Then getting a check.

Wouldn't it make more sense if the state paid them to kill other gang members?

I know, I know...., :sorry:

2 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

Wouldn't it make more sense if the state paid them to kill other gang members?

I know, I know...., :sorry:

the problem there is they cant shoot for *spoon* and always end up hitting some kid or old lady.  Maybe shooting lessons?

19 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

:roflmao: Only in California.

So the California state government is voluntarily paying the same protection money that NYC pizza shops used to dread being asked for, lest their windows need replacing weekly? Got it. :screwy:

Could you guys please move outta there so I can root wholeheartedly for the Cascadia Subduction Zone???

3 minutes ago, Readcomix said:

So the California state government is voluntarily paying the same protection money that NYC pizza shops used to dread being asked for, lest their windows need replacing weekly? Got it. :screwy:

Could you guys please move outta there so I can root wholeheartedly for the Cascadia Subduction Zone???

If it wasn't for great Chinese food I would be outta here.

9 minutes ago, Readcomix said:

I just hope when election time rolls around opponents of these dolts hammer them with this.  'Joe Blow voted to pay gangbangers not to kill people!!!' WITH YOUR MONEY'.  Joe Blow wont get a single vote after that.

Edited by kav

5 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

If it wasn't for great Chinese food I would be outta here.

I'd be gone except for the great bee population.