• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Three Stolen Books--Please read
6 6

313 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, kav said:

I just hope when election time rolls around opponents of these dolts hammer them with this.  'Joe Blow voted to pay gangbangers not to kill people!!!'.  Joe Blow wont get a single vote after that.

Dunno Kav; I fear Joe Blow out there might've got in on the kind of support base that thinks it's a good idea, sadly.

1 minute ago, Readcomix said:

Dunno Kav; I fear Joe Blow out there might've got in on the kind of support base that thinks it's a good idea, sadly.

Oh god.  You might be right.  None of my facebook friends of a certain leaning have said a peep about it.......

7 hours ago, Readcomix said:

So the California state government is voluntarily paying the same protection money that NYC pizza shops used to dread being asked for, lest their windows need replacing weekly?

According to the link, it was the Sacramento City Council.  So no.

On 9/4/2017 at 8:07 PM, SOLAR BOY said:

I had them posted on Craigslist for sale. We talked on the phone and we agreed on a place to meet. Then the fun began. We met in front of a Carl's Jr.  They showed up 20 min late, a kid comes out and was looking at the comic and I began to think something fishy was going on. I asked him if they were for him and if he was the one on the phone and he said yeah. I knew then I was about to get robbed. Then two guys come out of the van guns, take the three books and two short boxes of comics as well. It was crazy. I thought about grabbing the kid but didn't want to get shot to be Honest. 

Oh my goodness! :( I'm so sorry to hear this.  I'm glad you didn't grab the kid as they're obviously not very bright and would like have shot you.  Not worth it.

Happy to hear you're okay and it was just "stuff" that was taken. (thumbsu

Andy

On 9/4/2017 at 10:58 PM, SOLAR BOY said:

I actually know Frank and Sons personally.  Im friends with Bobby we use to play a lot of poker together  The cell phone number that I gave to the police is one of those throw away phones that you use and then throw away.  They tried to track it and it led to nowhere.  Im a hot head like a lot of you know and glad i didn't do anything.  It was a scary 5 min and I wanted to snap the one kids neck but I would have been shot.  I posted this mainly so you guys know what happening from CL.  Its no longer safe.  And to add to the story and I should have known better.  Earlier that morning I met a guy who wanted to look through my boxes.  he went through the short boxes and then picks out like 25-30 books and says let me go get some money.  He walks to parking lot and never comes back.  So after 5 min of standing there I call him, no answer so I say to myself thats odd and leave.  Long behold when I got robbed he was the one with the gun that got out of the Van.....clever to go through it all and know what you are robbing.  The short boxes were all the better Marvel and DC stuff.  Marvel had ASM, Avengers, xmen, FF, Dardevil, TTA, TOS.  The DC were mainly B&B, Showcase, Action, Detective and adventure.  Ill trade all the books for 5 minutes in a room with these three scumbags without any weapons.  

Thank you all for the kind words.  It makes me happy to be a member of this community.  Thank you for those who have called me I appreciate it.

Well, let's get this community on the case or at least on the lookout.

Can you post a more specific list of the books in the shortboxes? Maybe start with the ones be picked out?

What was the description you gave the police of the van and the thieves? What was the make and approximate age of the van? Plate number?

On the thieves can you breakdown approximate height, weight, age, hair color and length, clothing, distinguishing marks or scars, any odd accent, vocal tick or trait that you noticed? 

Can you describe the gun or guns they were holding? Were they held in their left hand or their right? 

You recognized one of the armed men from before, so we should start with him since you had such close contact with him, saw him twice, and knew it was the same person.

17 minutes ago, IntoAnother said:

@SOLAR BOY

Can you post better pictures of the books to help people identify them?

Also, do you happen to have a list and or pics of the other books taken?

Im looking through and trying to find better pics.  They are somewhere...ill find them.  The other books I can list some that I remember but i dont remember them all.  Trust is I don't have a chance of finding them.  I posted this so you all know and can keep an eye out and most importantly protect yourself and don't make the mistake I made.

4 minutes ago, comix4fun said:

Can you post a more specific list of the books in the shortboxes? Maybe start with the ones be picked out?

What was the description you gave the police of the van and the thieves? What was the make and approximate age of the van? Plate number?

On the thieves can you breakdown approximate height, weight, age, hair color and length, clothing, distinguishing marks or scars, any odd accent, vocal tick or trait that you noticed? 

Can you describe the gun or guns they were holding? Were they held in their left hand or their right? 

You recognized one of the armed men from before, so we should start with him since you had such close contact with him, saw him twice, and knew it was the same person.

Wow youre awesome....do you work for the FBI? lol great questions.  Im at work answer quickly here but later Ill answer yours in detail.  Thank you

11 minutes ago, comix4fun said:

6 minutes ago, SOLAR BOY said:

Wow youre awesome....do you work for the FBI? lol great questions.  Im at work answer quickly here but later Ill answer yours in detail.  Thank you

I just stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night. lol

If we can get accurate, detailed descriptions out to the collecting public people stand a better chance of protecting themselves and maybe seeing your guys at a comic show or comic shop fencing your goods.