• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Three Stolen Books--Please read
6 6

313 posts in this topic

Just now, comix4fun said:

I just stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night. lol

If we can get accurate, detailed descriptions out to the collecting public people stand a better chance of protecting themselves and maybe seeing your guys at a comic show or comic shop fencing your goods. 

sounds good.

I wish I was nearby I'm good at composite sketches.  I take the person to the actual scene to help jog memory and also do full body and facial side view.

1 hour ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

The OP is really lucky that the armed thieves only wanted his comic books and not his wallet, phone, car keys, etc...

I think we should put an APB out on Cap freak.

27 minutes ago, Grantley Goddard said:

I think we should put an APB out on Cap freak.

And check online records for anyone ordering inordinately large amounts of Creme Brulee. 

1 hour ago, SOLAR BOY said:

Im looking through and trying to find better pics.  They are somewhere...ill find them.  The other books I can list some that I remember but i dont remember them all.  Trust is I don't have a chance of finding them.  I posted this so you all know and can keep an eye out and most importantly protect yourself and don't make the mistake I made.

Sounds good. I figured you didn't just have those pics up on CL for the listing, but I may be mistaken.

Can you also post any contact information you have for them?

Such as an email address, phone number, etc...

That may really help protect others in your area just in case they make another attempt at something similar. 

Even posting texts messages they may have sent could possibly help, especially if he writes in a way that makes him stand out, even if it's a little.

Sorry to hear what happened - that is really messed up. Having a loaded gun pointed at you in a robbery is a terrifying experience - thankfully you were able to walk away from it unharmed.

These sound like very catchable thieves. 

They risked 20 years in prison for some comics that in a quick turnaround MIGHT net them a grand? Complete morns.

Please give us some more information.... there are a lot of forum members in California, we have the people to help you!

46 minutes ago, Chuck Gower said:

Sorry to hear what happened - that is really messed up. Having a loaded gun pointed at you in a robbery is a terrifying experience - thankfully you were able to walk away from it unharmed.

These sound like very catchable thieves. 

They risked 20 years in prison for some comics that in a quick turnaround MIGHT net them a grand? Complete morns.

Please give us some more information.... there are a lot of forum members in California, we have the people to help you!

Actually it will get them close to 30K.....those three are just the slabbed books.  I figured thats all thats trackable.  The short boxes they took are at lease $25k + in comics.  

2 minutes ago, Jeffro. said:

hm 

Yes, as I was telling Gene (delekkerste) when we met last week and were discussing Boardies etc, I have been reading these Boards for years. There's not much I don't know about. (thumbsu 

1 minute ago, Grantley Goddard said:

Yes, as I was telling Gene (delekkerste) when we met last week and were discussing Boardies etc, I have been reading these Boards for years. There's not much I don't know about. (thumbsu 

:roflmao:

41 minutes ago, Grantley Goddard said:

:roflmao: