• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Three Stolen Books--Please read
6 6

313 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

Without boring you all I want everyone to please keep an eye for these three books.  They are stolen and were stolen at Gunpoint.  The authorities know and are well aware of exactly what happened here.  If you have one of these in your collection or know someone that does please let me know.  Thank you.

FullSizeRender (12).jpg

FullSizeRender (14).jpg

FullSizeRender (15).jpg

I had them posted on Craigslist for sale. We talked on the phone and we agreed on a place to meet. Then the fun began. We met in front of a Carl's Jr.  They showed up 20 min late, a kid comes out and was looking at the comic and I began to think something fishy was going on. I asked him if they were for him and if he was the one on the phone and he said yeah. I knew then I was about to get robbed. Then two guys come out of the van guns, take the three books and two short boxes of comics as well. It was crazy. I thought about grabbing the kid but didn't want to get shot to be Honest. 

8 minutes ago, Bird said:

yikes! Glad you escaped the ordeal unharmed. You would think here would be a few businesses with cameras nearby, no?

The Police spoke to the Carl's Jr and they said the Camera only goes so far and nothing showed on there when they checked.  There were no other places nearby that could have spotted it.  It was an old crappy white van....sucks

Wow ... damn that is nuts. Solar, hope you can get your books back. From what you said, they seem to know what you have and feels is worth to rob you.  Too bad that Carl's Jr doesn't have a good video camera to capture good images. 

What is the world coming to? Guns to rob for comics? 

Lucky Breu is right. The best and safe location is at a local police station and under a good video camera. 

I still travel the Los Angeles area to all the area comic shops (why, I don't know. Rarely worth the trouble. I guess I still love the LCS although most suck-a#@)

List what you can that was stolen (above what you already posted, if possible) and I will keep my eye out. Was at comic shops in Glendale, Sherman Oaks, Pasadena and North Hollywood yesterday