• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baltimore Comic Convention - My 2 Cents
2 2

76 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, wombat said:

Had a great time yesterday. And I got to meet Towelie. 

IMG_1610 (2).jpg

Did he smell as bad as he looks?

Ok waiting on a delayed flight home. Gives me a little to me to photo op my Sunday pick ups. Pretty sure I checked every dealer and every box and every book multiple times. Hard to choose where my last dollars would end up. A few books and an original by Elias Chatzoudis

IMG_4206.JPG

IMG_4207.JPG

IMG_4208.JPG

Edited by Junkdrawer

On 9/22/2017 at 10:09 PM, Junkdrawer said:

Hey Hudson :hi: I have been hearing year after year about this show being the best for buying. From my perspective and given the fact that I came here with this notion, I think tomorrow if I just lower my standards a notch I honestly think I could snap up quite a haul of GA books that linger in and about my wheelhouse. Today was a feeling out process and I did find a handful of books to make my day. I did see dozens of lower grade books , I think I could make a case to move forward should the deal be in my favor. Tomorrow just may slum it. 

Today was great to meet and see boardies, Greggy, Comicjack, Roy, flying donut, GAtor, Richard Bedrock, RobC, Foolkiller, BobStorms, Zolnerowich to name a few. 

Flying Donut wins my Mr Easy award. I'm gonna star there tomorrow.

On a side note, the weather, the nightlife, the food, and my cheap hotel all within a short walk in addition to a few historical sights around the inner harbor are setting the tone for a great weekend and I bet I'll be back next year without a doubt. 

Some pics of the day. (Well night too)

Chris

IMG_4157.JPG

IMG_4158.JPG

IMG_4159.JPG

IMG_4193.JPG

IMG_4196.JPG

IMG_4197.JPG

That place was great 

On 9/23/2017 at 8:57 AM, Ryan. said:

Does anyone know why Totleben cancelled?

I heard he had swampthing else going on and couldn't make it.

1 hour ago, Junkdrawer said:

Ok waiting on a delayed flight home. Gives me a little to me to photo op my Sunday pick ups. Pretty sure I checked every dealer and every box and every book multiple times. Hard to choose where my last dollars would end up. A few books and an original by Elias Chatzoudis

IMG_4206.JPG

IMG_4207.JPG

IMG_4208.JPG

As usual you finished with an amazing haul! Kudos on the Spirit. :applause:

I considered that Planet 43; good to see it landed with you. 

6 hours ago, jimjum12 said:

I was able to make it as well..... what a show. I got to meet a pile of boardies..... cool to put faces to names.... 

I don't normally get OA ....except for Darth Corgi..... and I need to get one from Andy Fish sometime..... but I saw a cool William Stout piece that I just couldn't walk away from. Snagged a couple of Atlas upgrades that I'm hoping I can afford to keep..... and put the nicest copy of Captain Rocket I've ever seen on layaway. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

XcjfgEn.jpg

UhZZ1tQ.jpg

VK8p0oj.jpg

qP606ky.jpg

:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

Nice haul Jim. That Uncanny Tales is one of my top 5 Atlas horror books. You are starting to sway me to Atlas westerns... And that Bil Stout piece is off the hook! Did you get to meet him? Great guy!

Now I get the sale...

4 hours ago, Junkdrawer said:

IMG_4206.JPG

IMG_4207.JPG

IMG_4208.JPG

Did you go home in a barrel Chris?  :insane:

3 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Nice haul Jim. That Uncanny Tales is one of my top 5 Atlas horror books. You are starting to sway me to Atlas westerns... And that Bil Stout piece is off the hook! Did you get to meet him? Great guy!

Now I get the sale...

Atlas westerns (...and war) are the best bargains in comics. Didn't meet Stout, but would love to. GOD BLESS...

9 hours ago, Junkdrawer said:

Pretty much so. Snapped a nice pic of Manhattan on the way home. 

IMG_4212.JPG

It was cool meeting you Chris....... it seemed you were on the same route I was at the show....... and that Spirit 22 had to be the prettiest 8.0 I've ever seen.... I couldn't find anything wrong with it. GOD BLESS....

42 minutes ago, jimjum12 said:

It was cool meeting you Chris....... it seemed you were on the same route I was at the show....... and that Spirit 22 had to be the prettiest 8.0 I've ever seen.... I couldn't find anything wrong with it. GOD BLESS....

Here's hoping to cross paths in the future. I'm leaning Terry's 

On 9/23/2017 at 7:28 PM, Zolnerowich said:

My first Baltimore comic con. Mostly worth the trip. It is definitely more of a comic book con than a comic entertainment con that many other shows have morphed into. Having been to Wizard Chicago last month, however, I kind of felt like I was seeing a bunch of the same books. I would agree with Hudson that GAtor had one of the more impressive booths, not just for the high grade top-dog books, but also many others in mid- to upper-mid grade, both GA and SA. Bedrock City had some absolutely amazing high-grade MLJs. Flying Donut was true to his word that he had about 70 boxes of GA books (not that I was counting).

It was great to meet some new boardies (Hudson of course!, Scrooge, Flying Donut, foolkiller) and catch up with other boardies (143ksk, bedrock, Greg Reece).

My haul was modest, courtesy of Richard @bedrockcomics :

IMG_2257.thumb.JPG.66afd2cdb901010f3da05ad3f3dd1356.JPG

IMG_2267.thumb.JPG.cbacb9eecb201504ea2d0a479cfb2377.JPG

Books don't come much cooler than those two.