• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Collection We Looked At
7 7

1,026 posts in this topic

On 4/10/2018 at 1:45 PM, Artboy99 said:

The current challenge is storage: where does it go?

The other challenge is when and where to sell it. Dave and I attend local comic shows to sell stuff, but we have limited display space to do so. A HUGE portion of this collection will never make shows so it means developing an online presence that we have never had to do before.

If only we had a retail location...

Since HumanTorch Dave is 'retired' and loves visiting his sister

Spoiler

:wishluck:

in the Vancouver area, have him drive down some of the vast overstocked zines to next Vancouver Comic Show on Father's Day weekend June 17, 2018 to do some horse trading.

7 hours ago, aardvark88 said:

Since HumanTorch Dave is 'retired' and loves visiting his sister

Reveal hidden contents

:wishluck:

in the Vancouver area, have him drive down some of the vast overstocked zines to next Vancouver Comic Show on Father's Day weekend June 17, 2018 to do some horse trading.

hm  I don't need a horse...

On 4/10/2018 at 11:35 AM, thehumantorch said:

Good news, we've agreed on a price and will be buying this collection.  Now I have to figure out where to store it as it's the 6th collection we've picked up in 2 months.

Congrats!

On 4/14/2018 at 8:23 AM, GACollectibles said:

Congrats!

Picked up 1/3 of the collection on the way to the Calgary Expo.  Grabbed 50 boxes plus the posters, jammed as much as possible under the tables of our booth, and started selling.  Found some more gems that'll post here when I get a chance.

Sales report. 

Absolute feeding frenzy on a new collection we picked up on the way.

:Calendars published before 1980 flew out
:Old fanzines and convention books sold well, mostly to online ebay sellers.
:Collection had a Foom membership kit and it sold for $500 within a minute of putting it on the wall.  artboy realized we had all the parts to build more kits, built another and it sold quickly at $600.  We're hanging onto another kit or two but they would've sold if we put them out.
:Mavelmania stuff sold easily.  Sold a complete set of the mini books instantly.  Marvelmania Magazine 2 with it's beautiful black and white cover would've sold but artboy snagged it for his collection.  I was kinda moaning that he grabbed it until I found a second copy and moved it into my collection.  Marvelmania catalog #1 in color out the door.  Marvelmania catalog 2 and 3 and preview into my collection but they would have sold if they were for sale.
:hardcovers were slow but over the 4 show days we probably sold 30 for $10 to $30 each
:Sold perhaps 20 posters for $20 to $100 each even though they weren't really displayed in our booth

Our regular inventory did ok.

:Wall books were slow.  Sold a Daredevil 1 5.0, two ASM 300, 1 New Mutants 98, Tomb of Drac 10, couple others I can't remember.  Don't think we sold any GA wall books.
50% off section was steady.  
:had 4 buyers asking for Nick Fury and Sgt Fury
:Sold a few Infinity Gauntlet items but it was tough as none of it is rare and every dealer had it front and center.  Discounted a Infinity Gauntlet set on Saturday and it still sat.
:Variants were hit and miss but some found new homes.
Picked up a collection of Lady Death, Evil Ernie, and Transformers.  Some of the Transformers went and a lot of the Evil Ernie stuff zipped out.
:Golden Age were slow.  I suspect my GA buyers aren't generally willing to fight the crowds.

5 hours ago, thehumantorch said:

You bought what I passed on :headbang:  And there's lots more to pick up

The best item in the collection were those two Thor pillows you sold earlier, dorkface

31 minutes ago, greggy said:

The best item in the collection were those two Thor pillows you sold earlier, dorkface

I personally think it is the hardcover Kirby pencil sketches book signed by Kirby or the 1972 Comic Art convention program signed by Kirby, Neal Adams, Steranko, and 3 others.

15251340873861622224673.jpg