• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Collection We Looked At
7 7

1,026 posts in this topic

Never get tired of these posts.  It's like I'm browsing thru the collection myself.  So much more interesting than just like complete run of spider man.

17 hours ago, kav said:

Never get tired of these posts.  It's like I'm browsing thru the collection myself.  So much more interesting than just like complete run of spider man.

I agree, so much weird and unusual stuff and so much fun to wander through.

I understand selling and breaking this collection up is part of the circle of collecting life but I do feel a little sad that this collection is being broken up.  There was something so special about opening a box and flipping through the collected contents and just getting a feel of what the collector was into and the amount of effort he expended to research, find, purchase, catalog and maintain this collection.  There will never be a collection quite like this again.  

On ‎7‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 6:36 PM, thehumantorch said:

I agree, so much weird and unusual stuff and so much fun to wander through.

I understand selling and breaking this collection up is part of the circle of collecting life but I do feel a little sad that this collection is being broken up.  There was something so special about opening a box and flipping through the collected contents and just getting a feel of what the collector was into and the amount of effort he expended to research, find, purchase, catalog and maintain this collection.  There will never be a collection quite like this again.  

Well at least you guys managed to save and share this stuff with us here and to buyers in person....it's possible a lot of it could have ended up at the dump....

Edited by spreads
edit

All items should be sold with a card indicating the pedigree it came from for future historians!

Edited by kav

6 hours ago, kav said:

All items should be sold with a card indicating the pedigree it came from for future historians!

To late for that lol .   That does bring up the question of would the previous owner be upset if we associated his name with all these items as we pass them on and for the items that include the original mailing envelopes with his name on them - quite a few - should we include the envelopes with his name and address when we sell them.  In general if the envelopes were interesting we did include them.

2 hours ago, thehumantorch said:

To late for that lol .   That does bring up the question of would the previous owner be upset if we associated his name with all these items as we pass them on and for the items that include the original mailing envelopes with his name on them - quite a few - should we include the envelopes with his name and address when we sell them.  In general if the envelopes were interesting we did include them.

dang.  yes everything should be kept together and you can also name a pedigree based on the city or maybe the eclectic pedigree.

12 hours ago, thehumantorch said:

You want to include someone's personal information along with the item?  Not a good idea....

17 hours ago, thehumantorch said:

I have been thinking of that as well.

I absolutely love that the original mailing envelopes are there, but does the buyer actually care?.

The other issue is it opens the door to damage in trying to remove the mailing labels: ripping the envelope instead of simply removing. The time it takes to pick at it to remove, etc.

This was one of my favorite collection threads on the boards ever, it was the sort of weird comics ephemera stuff that I find so cool. It's comics, but not comics, you know? I'm glad to have gotten the Bettie Pages issues. If you issue a pedigree, I want a certificate! :baiting:

13 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

This was one of my favorite collection threads on the boards ever, it was the sort of weird comics ephemera stuff that I find so cool. It's comics, but not comics, you know? I'm glad to have gotten the Bettie Pages issues. If you issue a pedigree, I want a certificate! :baiting:

we also think this collection is cool. Many of the items landed in our personal collections. :)

unfortunately no certificates as It can't be a pedigree, the person we bought this from purchased most of the collection second hand off of someone else. He did attend many conventions though.

Edited by Artboy99

19 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

we also think this collection is cool. Many of the items landed in our personal collections. :)

unfortunately no certificates as It can't be a pedigree, the person we bought this from purchased most of the collection second hand off of someone else. He did attend many conventions though.

Look, you know that, and I know that, and sure, all of the people that read this thread know it, and yes, there's a digital record of it being true. BUT...still. Just scribble up a note and make some copies.

43 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

ok not a pedigree but it should be the 'something' collection at least.  I want my certificate!

12 hours ago, spreads said:

You want to include someone's personal information along with the item?  Not a good idea....

Well, it's just his name and his address and he moved after selling us the collection.  Some of the envelopes had kirby or steranko art and we just couldn't toss them away.