• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SHOW US YOUR GOLDEN AGE CANADIAN COMICS
12 12

1,826 posts in this topic

Stephen, did these just come back from CGC?

There is a second Triumph 7 3.0 on the census now? Even though I suspect they are the same book? The one you graded, that I deslabbed, and that you've presumably now regraded?

Way to double the census #s on complete copies :baiting:

It's quite telling that the Triumph Adventure # 1 is the highest graded (and only) copy in the census, whereas there are over 60 copies of Action Comics # 1. It really demonstrates just how few of these early Canadian Whites are still out there and how much of a treat it is to see such an important book on the forums.

I think the census #s are kind of useless for the whites presently as they haven't had any real value or awareness for very long, so many/most slabbed whites are the only slabbed copy.

But I certainly agree with the point about it being many times rarer than action 1. Without the internet a lot of us wouldn't even know many of these exist.

You are likely right about this. In fact, I hope you are: I would love to be able to procure more Whites. But, nobody's banging on my door looking to sell previously unknown collections of WECAs.

You are likely right about this. In fact, I hope you are: I would love to be able to procure more Whites. But, nobody's banging on my door looking to sell previously unknown collections of WECAs.

It depends what books we are talking about. Some books, experienced collectors like Stephen can point to there being a good number more copies than are on the census. Other books, like that TA-1, the census is actually pretty darn good indicator :insane::tonofbricks: as no one sees them and they just flat don't appear to hardly exist at all.

But 61 copies in the census for action 1 - that's a huge number :insane:

Interesting article pertaining to Canadian Whites and Triumph Adventure Comics # 1

Link:

http://www.comicbookdaily.com/collecting-community/whites-tsunami-weca-splashes/merry-weca-christmas-2015/

Don't agree with some of that article this time around, but great to hear about all the projects in the works!