• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SHOW US YOUR GOLDEN AGE CANADIAN COMICS
12 12

1,826 posts in this topic

Stephen my apologies as I just realized that I probably ruined your thread by posting non-black and white issues from the early 40's. Please restart a new thread if you like. :sorry:

I am sure he won't be to upset. Canadian Whites or Canadian Editions makes no difference to me as long as it's Canadian!! Great books by the way Silver Surfer!!

I have been slacking too. So here are few books in the last 4 months.

Star Spangled Comics #100 CGC 7.5 - Pre Bat-Hound Tryout in Robin Story

HPIM2261.jpg

Superman #65 CGC 5.0

HPIM2210.jpg

True Crime Comics #6 CGC 9.0

comics004-2.jpg

Jim take a look at my mid grade copy which should be in this thread somewhere. I only paid $400 for it and I bought it from Metro. I would love to own the 9.0 copy but honestly I couldn't see myself paying much over $1,500 for it, MAYBE $2,000 if I really wanted it but that's it.

I'll have to post some of my books here. My collection of Golden-Age Canadians is pretty meager (about 50-60 books), but there are some neat ones. Mostly all Anglo-Americans. (Grand Slam, Freelance, Robin Hood)

:bump: This thread needs some love.

Here are a few returns from CGC. I will do a group shot of all my Canadian Editions and Canadian Whites next week.

Active Comics #16 (Canadian Whites)

activecomics.jpg

Tang The Wonder Horse #NN (Canadian Whites)

tang.jpg

3011983150_beefa84bb2_o.jpg

3011983322_6e90a9884c_o.jpg

I hear that it is already snowing in the northwest which means it is snowing in Canada too.

Not much to do back in 1945, when weather was like that, but sit back and read your Weekender.

Or go watch the ice skaters.

Petty was good.

The Mister E story in Weekender was well drawn too.

bb

Are issues of the Weekender rare? It was a 7 in Gerber and not shown.

As promised, here is a group shot of all my Canadian Editions. I have a few more at CGC but I will save those for next year. The Canadian Whites will come later on.

DC Comics

HPIM2513c.jpg

Miscellaneous - Quality, EC, Better & Archie

HPIM2529.jpg

Marvel and Fawcett

Image016a.jpg