• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SHOW US YOUR GOLDEN AGE CANADIAN COMICS
12 12

1,826 posts in this topic

I saw this article on CBR and since it was about a GA Canadian book I thought I'd post it here:

Rare ‘Jewish War Heroes’ comic from 1944 found in box of donated used books

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/10/31/rare-jewish-war-heroes-comic-from-1944-found-in-box-of-donated-used-books/

Have any of you guys even heard of this book? Very cool.

Great article. Thanks for sharing.

And a tremendous comic - great piece of history and very, very, cool.

(thumbs u

I don't own this but was the under bidder as I feel asleep at the wheel when this sold on EBay. Not sure if I posted it before but I might as well show it here just for record keeping. I don't think I have ever seen another copy before, didn't know that it existed until this showed up.

cover.jpg

That copy realized $550.00 USD. I was one of the underbidders. VERY RARE

I don't remember if I posted these books in this thread & "technically" like several others posted here, these next few are beyond the qualifying date listed on the opening page. However, since others have posted books beyond the target date range without complaint, I will as well :grin:

SunGirl2CGC_zps8ac26093.jpg

I love seeing the Canadian books, both the whites and the retitled post-war reprints, and even the straight-up Canadian editions with their subtle cover differences. It's like an alternate universe of Golden Age books.

Good mail day yesterday! As a couple of you know when it comes to Cdn books I collect only Bell Features books, and only those Bell books that were published during 41-46 that were exclusive to Canada.

Had the good fortune to pick up a number of books lately, here is a nice mid grade Joke Comics with the Wing. I'll post the rest later today

image_zpse9ef6121.jpg

Good mail day yesterday! As a couple of you know when it comes to Cdn books I collect only Bell Features books, and only those Bell books that were published during 41-46 that were exclusive to Canada.

Had the good fortune to pick up a number of books lately, here is a nice mid grade Joke Comics with the Wing. I'll post the rest later today

image_zpse9ef6121.jpg

WHAAAAAAAAAAT. I'm dying of envy already! GREAT pick up. Can't wait to see the rest.

Bronty was kind enough to set aside an hour and a half this past Sunday to meet up and geek out (and hand deliver a Commando Comics #11). I brought the Centaurs, he brought the Bells. Two rare comic niches collided, and it was an enjoyable morning. 30 Bells in 90 minutes! Thanks Bronty.

WHAAAAAAAAAAT. I'm dying of envy already! GREAT pick up. Can't wait to see the rest.

Bronty was kind enough to set aside an hour and a half this past Sunday to meet up and geek out (and hand deliver a Commando Comics #11). I brought the Centaurs, he brought the Bells. Two rare comic niches collided, and it was an enjoyable morning. 30 Bells in 90 minutes! Thanks Bronty.

Ryan is being incredibly humble; he didn't just bring a few centaurs, he brought mind blowingly awesome centaurs. All the coolest books including this ridiculously sweet mile high KDF 20. I got to this book in the stack and stopped short and stared at, trying not to get any drool on it. Ridiculously awesome and it took much mental strength to avoid slipping that into my short box when he wasn't looking :whistle::insane:

Joining this killer book in the ridiculously nice Centaur stack was Amazing Man 5 and the rest of the Everett A-Mans, funny pages 35 with the classic arrow cover, the classic AMF issues, etc. Just a wonderful collection and a great guy, thanks Ryan! :headbang:

kdf20_zps445300f2.jpg

My favorite Canadian comics are those Bell comics where they take Fox GGA type splash pages (jungle, teen, etc.) and convert them into cover images, adding strange titles at the top (usually hand-lettered in a cool way). I'd like to see a definitive image or set of images of all the known examples of those comics. I'll bet there are a few collectors out there who have some of the only existing copies of many of those comics.