• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SHOW US YOUR GOLDEN AGE CANADIAN COMICS
12 12

1,826 posts in this topic

This is a Canadian comic where Overstreet only lists 1-4. Here is the non existent, found it in the Bermuda Triangle, # 6

Smash001.jpg

Fantastic book!

Here's my meager Canadian pulp and comic collection. The two pulps are published by Superior. I guess technically, this house ad (covers only) is one of the first appearances of Brok Windsor?

canadianpulps_zps9e771fe4.jpg

Well, not yet in hand, but many thanks to Stephen for setting me up with one of my short short list most wanted whites :)

I'll keep the prattling to a minimum but I consider it arguably the best nelvana cover :cloud9: Hitler will surely be no match for Nelvana's thighs! :blush:

As no small bonus, it is also the first appearance of Speed Savage, who is perhaps my 2nd favorite whites character (need to read my penguin appearances before I can comment for sure ;) )

Thank you Stephen! Can't wait to deslab and read!

TRIUMPH7_zps94e5f29c.jpg

Hi, While I do not own any Canadian Whites, but I think I have Canadian editions from the 1950s (a few ones somewhere in my boxes). Now I'm interested in trying to get a White in era of 1940s.

Guess I'm going to jump on the wagon with you guys lol

Now there are something I want to know why for these reasons:

1) How come the Overstreet guide have not add a section for Canadian Whites? My new guide has a feature article talking about the Whites in the war times. But no listings, no database, no established given prices?

Given the scarcity of these Whites. I'd think they earn their own section by now? I want to know the number of Canadian printed comics, scarcity ratio index, and such info.

2) If I were to buy a White, would a high grade copy be more better than a low grade given its status? Wondering about that.

I will go over my boxes to see if I have the CDL editions sometime this week.

Thanks.

Welcome!

Great bugs avatar btw :)

1) I think the scarcity is precisely what makes a guide totally unworkable. Many books rarely trade so a guide would amount to nothing more than a bunch of guys sitting around making guesses. Better to use hard data on what few sales do happen. Luckily there were recently a couple of rounds of auctions of whites at CLINK, those are good reference points even if many of the books did very well.

2) It depends on the book in question, but I think you have to be prepared to take what you can get. Most of us just want a copy of the book because we know that the hg books are basically unattainable, so the spread between low and high grade value is actually less than you'd think. You simply can't build a hg run so people are quite accepting of lower grade books and the CLINK auction results bore that out. Higher grades did much better than lower grades, but the spread is less than with US books.

Welcome!

Great bugs avatar btw :)

1) I think the scarcity is precisely what makes a guide totally unworkable. Many books rarely trade so a guide would amount to nothing more than a bunch of guys sitting around making guesses. Better to use hard data on what few sales do happen. Luckily there were recently a couple of rounds of auctions of whites at CLINK, those are good reference points even if many of the books did very well.

2) It depends on the book in question, but I think you have to be prepared to take what you can get. Most of us just want a copy of the book because we know that the hg books are basically unattainable, so the spread between low and high grade value is actually less than you'd think. You simply can't build a hg run so people are quite accepting of lower grade books and the CLINK auction results bore that out. Higher grades did much better than lower grades, but the spread is less than with US books.

Does any one happen to have a list of titles/issues/grades/prices from the CLINK auction?

Thank you in advance.